Thread: Bribie?

Bribie?

Hi all, Im headding out with a few people to bribie on sat day and was wondering what would be better, land based (up the beach on the eastern side) or in a boat.

Thanks, Mick.

Re: Bribie?

Mick

Give a few hints mate - what r u chasing /got in mind? What gear do you have ? etc

Regards
    Seamus

Hey Seamus, I just got a call saying that we will be in a boat and staying around the passage. We will be using live bait (if we get any) and just normal bait. I was thinking about buckleys hole and around the bridge, I dont know any other spots.

Cheers, Mick.

Foolish_Chicken

Try Ningi Cr and around the mouth

Hey guys, we ended up having a good day on the water. We got endless pike and grinners around the bridge on the berkley grub in pumpkin seed colour (my first ever fish on SP's). Tried a bit of squid but that wasnt half as fun so we stuck to the SP's. we then moved the buckleys hole and my brother got a nice 65cm flathead (become my dinner on a bbq at a mates housewarming) and a undersize squire. Pitty about the rain and wind early in the morning all though it was worth it.

Cheers, Mick.

nice one mate
    we were out there sunday
    blowing its guts out hay. buckleys hole gave a few small whiting and we got a nice whiting and then nothing so decided to get some shelter up the passage. uncle got onto a nice flatti prob about 50cm but we didnt land it. and that was it. still good day out on the water too.

just a question to anyone that can help thats reading this... i am looking at spending a night out near the bridge at bribie. wnating to target jewfish. any tips as ive never actually caught one before.
    thanks

Im keen on that too danw86, I have heard of people using livies under the bridge. Pike would be the easiest cause there every there.