Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Northen NSW

Re: Fishing Northen NSW

Thanks Tony. Found them. Here is the front page of it if anyone is looking. There is a bluewater book as well.

Also it came up as a couple of topics on Ausfish. I will be getting the books, never have too much info, just not enough time to sort through it all

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom
    Shane,
    You need to get a copy of Fishing Guide to the Central Coast and North Coastg of New South Wales. by Julie and Lawrie McEnally.
    Site 29. Jeffrey's Rock 29.46.495S 153.26.506E
    Snapper Kingfish and Samson Fish
    Site 30 Sonar Gap Wide 29.44.915S 153.28.173E
    Snapper and Pearl Perch
    Lots more in this area Page 129
    Also Sandon Shoals
    Site 36 Shoals (Inside) 29.42.351S 153.21.068E
    Bream Trevally and Snapper
    Site 35 Sandon Shoal 29.42.410s 153.20.850E
    Scattered reef area where seas can break in heavy weather. Wide variety of reef and sportfish.

There is heaps more on this page but hope this helps you.

Regards Trev

Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

I'm no open water fishing guru that's for sure; but I spent a lot of time on the Nth Rivers coast. Maybe Zeff you're an old salt that can do amazing things with boats, and I don't mean to be insulting in any way- but!
    I imagine the waters aroung where you are presently might be quiet a bit different to navigate than the bars at the mouth of the Nth Rivers..I wonder if you can get a look at some footage of what these bars can be like before you comit to transporting a boat half way across the hemisphere.
    I know when I lived in Brunswick Heads, anyone but those with exceptionaly sea worthy boats would stand on the breakwall every morning gauging the day's swell and the chances of getting out and back in safely. It's not the sort of deal that goes hand in hand with a regular job and a spontaneous whim. I'm sure the larger river mouths are better than that, but I'm just thinking of how it might be a bit of a shock if you're not prepared for what might await you.
    I don't mean to be a wet blanket though, you might have sailed around cape of good hope for all I know. just thinking is all..
    rob

jim_farrell

Zeff, after living and fishing in PNG you may as well sell all your gear. What you call a good day, and what we call a good day are miles apart.
    That is not to say you can't catch fish down here. A lot more work per fish on average. Nothing like Madang and Wewak.
    Jim