Thread: Fishing with kids on the GC

2902_TROPHY

Fishing with kids on the GC

Hey guys just was hoping to get some tips. I am going to take my young bloke fishing on the weekend here on the gold coast on the weekend. He is only 5 and i want to take him somewere were he will get a few so he dosnt get to bored EVEN if they are little things as we always release what we catch. any ideas on were to take him ? It needs to be land based as I am between boats at the moment >
    thanks guys
    PS will proberbly be tossing S/P's

marlinqld

Re: Fishing with kids on the GC

A nice spot is under the Boyds Bay Bridge. Should be able to get some there for the little fellow.

Mike

2902_TROPHY

Thanks for that which one is boyds bay ?
    cheers Rob

Taught my 3 kids to fish on the jetties at Labrador. Used chook pellets to burly up the little brim and then let the kids run amuck. Always had heaps of fun and got a few good fish.

Kevin

marlinqld

Main highway south over the tweed river

MIke

Not the main highway anymore...they've got a bypass now
    The bridge is on the main road of Tweed Heads.
    If ya need any more information give us a pm.

jono

2902_TROPHY

Quote Originally Posted by LRFISH
    Taught my 3 kids to fish on the jetties at Labrador. Used chook pellets to burly up the little brim and then let the kids run amuck. Always had heaps of fun and got a few good fish.

Kevin
    I'm thinking half a hand full of pellets say every 5 min's and then pulling through a little hard bodied through it mainly because then i can tell him just to retrieve it slowly as i don't think he can get technique of twitching yet what do you guys think ?
    cheers Robbie

you could try under the bridge at sovereign island

or anywhere along the broadwater in labrador

good luck

scotty

Are the Cascade Gardens still around, up around Mermaid Beach area?. We used to fish a deep hole in the bend of the creek/river there and always pull a few good bream out.

I too will be watching this thread as we are heading down to Burleigh for the x-mas new year break and I'd love to get amongst a few too

Around many bridges and jetties in labrador... Berley up and use some peeled prawns for the little fellas rig... Should be able to get a few bream...

4x4frog... if you are near burleigh... try tallebudgera ck... I am not too sure how the fishing is these days though!

Good luck

Daz