Thread: planning to bobbin head for fishing

planning to bobbin head for fishing

I am planning going to bobbin head for the weekend
    is bobbin head a good place to fish, that near cowan creek
    and also my mate told me there is a small boat hire is that true

Re: planning to bobbin head for fishing

Hi indofish

mate there are about 3 boat hire places on the Hawksbury river and yes bobbin heads is a good fishing spot just plan your trip as it is the mouth of the Hawksbury Flintin steel, Lion island if the weather is up plenty of spots from Cowan along the edges to Patonga Creek or the southern side of the hawsbury just look for the Oyster leases

and if you are in good spirits and the weather is fine try around mackeral beach in Pittwater or run up to Ettalong towards Gosford plenty of good fishing spots there as well

Bobbin heads this time of year Tuna, Mackeral, Snapper, Jewies,
    up the Hawksbury Flathead, big Bream in the Oyster lease and near the bridges, Jewies

just look around and ask for local knowledge the boat sheds will give you all the info you need

Cheers
    Steve

Re: planning to bobbin head for fishing

yep,my local hunting patch .the jewies and flathead seem to be around at the moment,if in a hire boat head from bobbin out to jeruselem bay area thats your best bet for little craft. drift,drift and then drift some more #. ive caught everything from bream,tailor,jew,flathead,trevally ,small snapper and even a hammerhead ,it was quite small though. from bobbin to the mouth in a hire boat would probably take you 45min.