Thread: Landbased off Double Heads Yeppoon

Landbased off Double Heads Yeppoon

Afternoon Team,
    has anyone in the Yeppoon area heard anything about macs coming in to the headland yet this season?

Am looking at heading there for an early morning session this weekend, so was wondering if there was anything about recently?

Cheers.

Ed.

Re: Landbased off Double Heads Yeppoon

don't know about macs, but i have had some pictures sent to me from my cousine who lives up there catching some XOS black jew at five rocks at night on live mullet

Hey Red-Nut,
    My mate up there tells me that the wind has been stuffing up most of the days when a good tide has been on ( big tide, high around daylight). The only good day he had was mid week in late October and he fished Tanby Point( less people but shallower water). He got spotties and doggies plus ribbon fish, but no real big ones throwing Big-T's( 40 grams) and pillies. Good luck
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

Team,
    ended up with perfect weather on the weekend, so was kicking myself for not putting the tinny in for a run out to the close islands by the time I got to the fishing spot. Ocean was pretty much dead calm.

There was a lot of bait around, getting smashed by barracutta. Fish were chased away by dolphin pod, but eventually returned.

No macs, but ended up landing a smallish barracutta and nice bream.

Heard a few stories about macs getting caught at the close islands. Next time I'll know to turn around and head back home to get the boat.

Here's hoping for next weekend!!

Cheers.

Ed.