Thread: Harvey Bay - Any tips best places to fish - Please

Harvey Bay - Any tips best places to fish - Please

Going to Harvey Bay this weekend, have some marks for the man made reefs or should I say dumping grounds. Can anybody suggest good areas to try, so as to save time. Don't want to travel too far, say up to 10 kilometers.
    We are Not interested in whiting or flathead , but inner reef areas , marker grounds for Kings , big travelly, squire and mackeral if around yet .
    Before Friday please guys.

Cheers
    Madai

Re: Harvey Bay - Any tips best places to fish - Pl

Madai. I would suggest the artificial reef for reef fish on the eastern side of big Woody Is and Pelecan Bank for golden travelly, it is the large sand bank between the boat harbour and moon point. Both places are around that distance. Bob.

marlinqld

And a nice easy run to the Roy Rufus it is SL.

Weather permitting of course

Mike

Pitsta

Could even try the channel right out the front of the harbour. It at times is just as good as the rufis & a lot closer

Mark

marlinqld

Pitsta, you would know.

I was told when up there at easter, the island on western side of big woody Is - is it Round island? Was told it was a good spot for nice fish

Mike

Pitsta

Better at night Mike very shallow ! Theres a blind gutter between Big woody & round with reef both sides

Mark

Im on my way up there guys, only the weather limits my distance what do you reccomend?

Pitsta

Wildchild , If it blows S/E go to pt vernon if it blows N/E go down to river heads !!!

Mark