Thread: Gold Coast Pelagics - 'how to' Talk Wed 15th

Gold Coast Pelagics - 'how to' Talk Wed 15th

We have Gold Coast charter guide Brad Smith back for our November club meeting. For those who do not know who he is, he is a well known fishing guide who has fished off the Gold Coast all his life. Also done some stints as a pro mackeral line fisher in the Gulf.

He will be talking about Gold Coast pelagics cobia, mackeral, wahoo, tuna etc etc.

Details are:
    Wednesday the 15th November, Brisbane Sailing Squadron, Vic Lucas Park, Quay St Bulimba. Doors open at 7.30 pm for 8.00 pm start. There is no entry fee (ie it is free!). Will go until about 9.30 - 10.00 pm.

More details are available in the free newsletter which you can download from our website (see below).

No, I will not take notes or record the talk for people who cannot make it

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Re: Gold Coast Pelagics - 'how to' Talk Wed 15th

web cam ? lol

jeremy, I guess we'll read about it in next months QFM

quick report.....

Brad talked mainly about mackerel at Palm Beach reef and wahoo at the Tweed 9 mile. He did go into alot of detail on rigging and bait presentation and how to 'floatline' for the mackerel.

I have been fishing for mackerel for quite a few years now and caught my share, but some of the tips Brad passed on were very impressive and neat.

He also spoke quite a bit about high speed trolling with the larger hex head style skirts for wahoo at the 9 mile.

Nice to meet a couple more ausfishoes too.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Thanks for the invite mate, Brad was a good speaker and we learnt heaps, Great night! It was worth going just to learn how to bait a pille like that!

slymo

Brad is a complete ledgend. I have been out with him a few times and he really knows his stuff. He is really generous with his time and information and a day out with him fantastic. Top bloke!