Thread: Moreton Bay

Moreton Bay

All,
    I have just upgraded my 3.9m Quintrex to a 5.3m Stessl and hence the fishing opportunities for me in Moreton Bay have increased considerably. I am looking for any tips for general locations, bait etc that will give me a kick start to catch some fish either through the gold coast seaway or in the moreton bay region. Any feed back is highly appreciated, PM me if you have any juicy tips you want to divulge.

Thanks in advance

Re: Moreton Bay

Fat_Chilli and The Hooded Warriors member Brett go out over the seaway and have some GPS marks logged in Brett's GPS that I could get a hold of. The boys apparently are heading out toward mud island in a fortnights times so you should meet up and head out together.

The boys have gone out via the seaway and as yet haven't hit the holy grail but are on the hunt. Hope this helps. There is a book called Port Macquarie to Fraser island (I think that where it goes) 500 GPS points. Have a look at your local fishing joint and they should have some information.

The maroochy river around the mouth and the Bli Bli stretchis always good for a quick fish that always produces results. Also the barwon banks apparently is the bomb for fishing as well.

Brett's theory is follow the charters. They get pai for people to catch fish and always know the great reefs and areas to fish. Hope this helps

regards
    Nichole at The Hooded Warriors
    " Put a beer in one hand and a rod in the other and We're in Heaven! "

Re: Moreton Bay

G'day
    I'd suggest haveing a real good look at the reports section. It will let you understand whats being caught where,, by who and what methods.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au