Thread: Brekky Creek Advice

ismail

Brekky Creek Advice

Hi All,

In the photo attatched, I am assuming this is the famous brekky creek area everyone seems to be talking about atm. If i could may I ask where abouts on the map shown is a good area to flick a few sp's or soak a line. I am not that experienced at fishing but hvae some experience but have never fished around this area before. Any help would be appreciated heaps.

thanks

Re: Brekky Creek Advice

The smaller inlet to the "upper Left" is Breaky creek itself. This is a good place to do some cast netting etc to get some livies (if that is your thing).

If you travel along the bank on the top side of the map (this is Kingsford Smith Dve) there are some great places to fish straight off the bank or on the pontoons that dot the bank.

Also a little way along the bank on the lower side of breaky creek (this is newstead house/Tenneriffe - the same thing - anywhere off the bank or pontoons.

Basically look for rocky walls or lots of pylons, also around the mouth and corners of breaky creek on the dropping tide. Iknow there a some young lads on this site and others who catch a lot of threadfin, bream and shark all in that area you have shown there.

I used to catch alot of monster bream just up around the bend where your photo cuts off on the left hand side. Mostly on the run in tide.

Try in these 2 areas, some decent fish have come out of the larger circle, and the second and smaller circle has a submerge drain pipe/rock casting into there is like a lucky dip, sometime nice bream/cod or pike ee/catfish
    Humility is not a weather condition.

hi guys,if it interest you'se,i trawl the river and pretty much all the way from the bretts wharf ferry terminal, upstream to where the piles are just before brekky ck,is all really really rough,up and down rocky area.completely untrawlable.so in theory there should be good fish all along there living in all the nooks and crannies!!!!
    support your local commercial fisher,its never too late!!

Great replies here for all to take something from, isn't Ausfish great.
    You drive past all these areas all the time and never get back there to flicka bait in or spin a lure etc. This all makes one alittle more keen to try. i might just give it a go tomorrow on the high tide around the middle of the day as that's the only time I'll be free.
    What's the tide difference up that far??
    I found a link from that site we dare not mention, the Port Office is add 38minutes so I'll go by 1/2 hr for Breaky Ck

Thanks for the fantastic info guys. I went out last Monday to have a look for potential spots all the way up to "poo point" and found some that look really good. That area in the larger circle looked good to us and we had planned to come back at night and have a go so this info has confirmed what we suspected. This is a fantastic site :-)

Yeah that highlighted bit in red is Cameron"s rocks.There is a park there and also a carpark,so you only have to walk about 100mtrs and can still keep an eye on your car.Be prepared to loose a bit of gear here as it is qiuite snaggy, but does produce some good fish.Just to the left of the bridge on the photo in Brekkie Ck is a guarenteed spot for a feed ,and you can even get a cold beer. (The Brekky Ck Hotel).
    Cheers.

id be keen to see this photo thats being talked about if anyone has it still, or would like to post another one.
    sam.
    My wife lets me buy all the fishing gear i can hide....

Thats a six year old thread dude lol

I knew it was old just not that old lol anyway someone might still be nice enough to make another one if not oh well.
    My wife lets me buy all the fishing gear i can hide....