Thread: Mon Repos (Bargara)

Mon Repos (Bargara)

Hi All,

I am heading up this way with the family in January for a week or 2 and having not experienced the place before, thought i would asked about the areas fishing.

As i am towing up the caravan, the boat is staying at home. So i will be landbased.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Re: Mon Repos (Bargara)

Hi Dan

Your best option around here is to throw soft plastics( Berkley powerbait or Squidgy's)
    for flathead, around the beaches. Anywhere where rock or structure meets sand
    and an early morning either side of low tide and theres always a chance of picking up flatties, there are some good size ones too.

Apart from the beaches you could drive to the Burnett River and fish for bream, whiting flathead etc,Kirbys wall is always a good spot and if you are into game fishing there will be a lot of tuna and mackerel around, with lures and live bait from the southern breakwater at the mouth of the river.

You will love the region anyhow
    Regards
    Clinton

marlinqld

Are there any restrictions there due to the turtle rookery etc?

Mike

Cheers Clinton,

Sounds like a great place, we are taking the kids up to see the turtles hatching etc..

I like the idea about the mackeral and tuna though, Marlin, i know there is a turtle park and there is no booze etc allowed, dont know about fishing.

marlinqld

I would think during the breeding season when they are laying there might be fishing restrictions off the beach there? I could be wrong, just curious if there is

Mike