Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Drum lines for Sharks.

bidkev

Re: Drum lines for Sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Always_Sunburnt
    Just a quick question...

The big sharks aren't that good to eat are they? I think I read on one of the threads that big sharks flesh stinks??

Is the flesh of big sharks full of some chemical that gives off the foul smell??

Cheers
    You get it on some small ones as well, mostly female. I think it's when they're on heat or in pup. Soaking in milk removes it.

The Verminator

If you want to be a leader with a large following, just obey the speed limit on a winding, two-lane
    road.

I read this thread the other night and laughed hard...........gotta love
    the "BIFF" ..........................I'll try and bounce some others .............Billy

some funny stuff

ok, ok,...i'm now in trouble for waking the kids with my laughter...

thats gold

to whoever brought this back from the dead (Az ) , i can't decide if you deserve a medal or a kick up the @rse.

good stuff.

Hey steve, perhaps you should have a separate board for some of the ALL-TIME-CLASSIC-THREADS.
    this one perhaps should be a compulsory read for all newbies, just so they know what they are getting into. FLMAO.

cheers boys...i'm still in trouble.

damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

I got in the poop as well, glad I wasnt the only one.

Cheers
    James

I just got recognised ( saw my avatar picture ) from this thread by a bloke in the BP servo at Morayfield. He is a guest here and remembers this thread very well. He came up and asked me a few questions, ( lucky Im not the shy sensitive type hey !!! ) reckons he has never laughed so hard in all of his life.

Jeff, if you read this join up mate, members have the best time.

Does this make me an Ausfish celebrity ?

Cheers
    James

HAHAHA hell yes that counts as being an Ausfish celebrity Big-Unit though it would have been better if it was Fishinmishin that you met at the servo and you did the man dance

Cheers

Rob

the_baker

Hey James

mate that was tops how big is your wooden spoon I haven't laughed that hard in a long time things were starting to hurt from it & I broke the office chair

cheers Dave

Geoff_Atkinson

I found this diagram on the DoPI website.

I know they have them for a reason, but it's a bloody cruel way of controlling sharks. I am sure they dont use them in South or Western Australia and there are some fairly scary Great Whites down there.

If not illegal, it should be along with longlining, deep sea trawling and trawling on or near the GBR

Cheers

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by sea raider
    I found this diagram on the DoPI website.

I know they have them for a reason, but it's a bloody cruel way of controlling sharks. I am sure they dont use them in South or Western Australia and there are some fairly scary Great Whites down there.

If not illegal, it should be along with longlining, deep sea trawling and trawling on or near the GBR

Cheers

Geoff

Yeah they arent good, but then again most fishing techniques result in a cruel death.

Some techniques are far worse then others.

Cheers
    James

I just found this -

Three illegally set up drum lines have been found off the WA coast in the last few months. A four week operation involving Police and other enforcement agencies failed to locate any persons who could be held responsible for setting them up. The drum lines were destroyed.

Im not sure how old that article is ?

I just dont get why someone would set one up, then just leave it although if you got wind that the law was coming for you I guess you would forget about it unless you were really screwed up, but then I reckon those types of people are pretty screwed up.

Looking at that diagram, I would say they cost a few dollars to make.

The drum lines set up by government contractors didnt stop that kid losing his leg in WA. Just read that it would have swam past three drumlines.

Maybe the big sharks are getting to know what drum lines are ?