Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Drum lines for Sharks.

Re: Drum lines for Sharks.

G’day,

Lets put this into perspective…..

When you place a bait on a hook and secure it to a line you ARE setting a trap for an animal, whether it be 4cm in length, or 4m. Vic Hislop sets the best drum lines in the world. There is no shortage of large sharks in South East Queensland.

Not saying I agree with the style of fishing (as a recreational act), but when executed properly, it certainly works. Nemo84, you say it is basic to rig and set a successful drum line? How many have you set, and how many 1000lb sharks have you caught?

I’m sick to death of reading derogatory posts from people who spill their two cents about sharks, when in actual fact, have very little to back it up.

Regards,
    Simon

Raefpud,
    Everything you said is valid in an enviromentally redneck kind of way. Sharks & Crocs are the apex water predators but we humans are the worlds apex predator - we can & do kill anything we want. Its unfortunate for most animals. I love all kinds of meat and that means death for whatever I am eating. Mother Natures Rule No 1 - Survival of the fittest.

Trapping & Hunting is an age old practice that will never be discarded, some may see it as unethical and they are called Vegetarians.

So now I know that Drumlining is illegal, still my other question remains unanswered but I dont really care. As per usual there are pros and cons for this question. Like I said earlier I am not going out to do it, I am just curious.

Cheers
    James.

Well said James, I second your motion to ban greenies and vegetarians...

Nath...

Boxhead,
    What are you on ? Where did I say to ban anyone ? I know who should be banned ?

Oh by the way its not illegal for fish to have sex with fish, but it is illegal for you to have sex with fish, especially you. So, have you ? Do you pretend to be a fish ? Whats your favourite species ? and lastly if you answer any of these questions you will prove beyond reasonable doubt that you really are crazy and should be institutionalised. lol.

Cheers
    James.

Big Unit,

I think you just lived up to your name. I was actually agreeing with you.... Have you heard of a sense of humour? If not, try to develop one, it can come in handy when communicating with other humans. Let me guess, you like to communicate by beating your chest and making grunting noises... "Australia, if you don't love it, LEAVE." Are you racist?

Get a life..

Nah mate you missed the " lol " bit. Have a look at your Avatar question. You wanted to snuggle up to Fishinmishin's fish or thats what you wrote earlier. You spend a lot of time making wierd comments and suggestions. Thats why I took you to task on it. My avatar is a statement of my unquestionable patriotism for the greatest country in the world. I have a sense of humour anyone who calls himself Big unit would, hey Boxhead. I was having a laugh about your antics, thinking to myself have a go at this crazy fella. Lets not sit around squabbling on here cause nobody else likes it. I am not racist just a very proud Australian, Do you love Australia ? I do with all my heart.

Cheers
    James.

Big Unit, to your post, "Worlds Apex Predator" give me a human that can fight a great white shark, crocodile, lion, giraffe, zebra, kitten, dog, and so on.. without the use of tools or weapons.. and then i might agree with you, only reason humans evolved to such a high level is because they learned to think and use tools.. without such tools, we are a few kilos of meat wrapped on some bone with the functionality to move.. we dont have any self defence and we have no built in tools to kill, we need a weapon... without tools, humans would be sitting around middle of the food chain.. in India, there is a province where Tigers are world famous for being man-eaters, humans there are middle of the food chain, in the last 12 yrs.. 8000 people have been attacked or killed while gathering food.. mostly honey in the forests...

Hows that for an apex predator

Tim
    p.s. Drum Lining is wrong, and i wont kick ya in the nuts, ill roll you in burley and throw ya in the water

Big Unit,

Your comments to me sounded pretty agro but the gloves are back in the box

Nath...

Big Unit,

Oh yeah, I'm still missing the "lol" bit... Please explain???

Nath...

Zeeke,
    Your right without weapons or tools we are useless.
    I have tools and weapons. Once again, I dont have & never had the inclination to go out drumlining. Oh yeah, any intentions of Rolling me in burley aint happening without your attempt being met with the same fate as I mentioned earlier.

Cheers
    James.

Boxhead,
    I am copping a bit of artillery fire over this question, maybe I am getting a bit aggro with various comments. " lol " means lots of laughter. " lmao " means laughing my arse off. Anyhow at the end of the day I do love a good battle, apparently its healthy.

Cheers
    James.

Big Unit,

Maybe you should have asked an easy question like "Where is Osama Bin Laden"

Nath...

hes in afghanistan having sex with fish?

Zeeke,

Mate,that is a beautiful comment...

Nath...

Dont Know if this is what ya talking about
    About 20years ago, local abaloney diver fashioned a hook out of a car spring, burleyed up a 20 odd foot white that had been causing grief, killed a lamb and tied on the hook attached to a 44 gallon drum with wire and rope, last seen heading towards new zealand.
    probable not what all the fish lovers want to hear, it happened and it was 20 years ago, took us a long to respect the mighty shark
    cheers
    blaze