Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Drum lines for Sharks.

krtazy

Re: Drum lines for Sharks.

i think this discussion proves that ausfish members are passionite about the protection of our fish species. Ithink you found that out the hard way big unit although i am not saying that you were intenting on setting a drumline. The hunter respects what he hunts and not just for its ability to inflict injury or be dangerous. look at it this way if i walked out side and shot the cat would you class me as a hunter. i am against drumlining and was discusted at christmas time after seeing two sharks finned and left dead on moon point in hervey bay. If the people responsible done it for money for fins class yourself as a grade a ###### and find a job. my two cents > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Wow! The prides thick here. I guess nows not the time to mention that Blaze just PMed me and told me that he thinks your a wuz Big-unit and Zeeke told me he was with that fish you did ther other day Boxhead.

If you want a piece of me- call me on 3891 7377 and I'll meet you anywhere, anytime. Go on, call ya wuz.

Aaahhh Shit I think I'll sub to the bench on this topic... Whatever it was [smiley=hanged.gif]

Fishinmishin,
    Can I reverse the charges to that number. I think you actually bear some resemblance to Slim Shady in your avatar. I am a big wuz, just you wait and see. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Boxhead,
    I cant believe you have done a heart ligament, but then again if Zeeke stole ya fish I guess your off looking for another one. [smiley=uhoh.gif]

Cheers
    James.

hahahahahah - wow, this is fun, ausfish is not only informative but becoming amusing aswell - I just thought that in my curry, you guys were the meat and potatoes, and I just stirred it - now i recon u lot got your own special sauce - if u can make sense out of that then you can certainly understand where i'm going ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh?

Zeeke mate, ur way with words constantly amazes me - nobody says it better - good onya buddy.

Big unit - maybe u should give up while ur still slightly ahead - i know, even for me i often dig myself a hole when i should have bitten my tongue........ I think ur question has been well and truley answered

And Simon _ harmon..... sorry mate what drugs are you on..........is vic heaslop your boyfreind? correct me if i'm wrong, but did you say there is no shortage of sharks in SEQ? Are you counting buddy?
    at least i know that what ever chomps on my hook has the chance to live another day

How do shark drum lines go in two foot chop #???

Raefpud,

I knew you were a tool from your first post. Just repeating the same old bullshit you read in the newspapers and trying to make out you actually know what you are talking about.

As for counting these large sharks: yes, I am doing some research through an undergraduate study with the Queensland University of technology. Research focuses on recording the number of large sharks in the bay, and the impact they are having on turtle and dugong populations.

I’ll ignore the Vic Hislop comment. Drum lines work fine in 3m swells, let alone 2ft of chop. If all you guys hate them so much, maybe you should get onto the Queensland Government. There is an average of 50 drum lines set between Bribie Island and rainbow beach. Most catch on average 3 large sharks a season. There's something they dont tell you in the papers.

So Raefpud, are you on drugs?

Regards,
    Simon

P.s. Shark pictured was released.

Simon,

Mate, what a beast! Did ya get him off the beach? It's unreal if ya did, he must have really played up.... Top catch....

Nath...

So Simon,
    # # # # # # How often do you find dead sharks on the beach ? Did someone lend you a rod for the photo ? #lmao.

By the way your in the wrong place to be sensitive, generally it is all good natured banter. We are all Fisherman just looking to get a bite. #Are you the Hunter or the hunted ?

# Cheers
    # #James.

krtazy

simon.
    i respect you for releasing the shark mate that is good sport, however my point was that drumlining for sharks has no sport and what possible good outcome is there from it.

big unit.
    there is a difference between being sensitive and respecting something mate. and i am all for good banta but i personally dont find seeing dead sharks left finned on a beach funny mate. sharks and crocadiles are aussie icons mate and if your going to kill them mate leave. and if you feel like your being hunted by sharks mate dont swim

Simon_harmon mate, hhahahahaa, I set myself up for a name calling there didnt I?? I'm sorry to under-estimate you and your undergraduate research, maybe I am a tool. ??? Its a pitty ur not a more frequent poster on this site, maybe u could get to know more about the people and, and the content on this site that makes it such a great site - You could get some very valuable information for your undergraduate research from this site, so be careful about the comments u make, and expect a little criticism about your opinions. I am a Marine Science Hons. graduate. I am currently working and doing some research at Tokyo seafood market. I dont like to brag about my qualifications, but i certainly dont make comments based on my decisions from crap written in your local or state newspapers. I've read plenty of scientific journals, and even done a bit of my own study on the old shark, so why dont you tell us the real story about what happened to that shark on the beach. ? ? ?

Now I'm just curious about Zeekes comment about humans not being the Apex of the food chain etc etc.
    Where in the rule book does it say we can't use tools weapons bulldozers or whatever. I always say to work smarter not harder and this is also the case with the food chain. Now if I really just wanted to eat or kill I'd use dynamite or whatever rather than trying to trick a fish with a thin line while not exceeding the lines per boat etc etc Being a nice chap I just don't....
    The table is only turned when we give the animals a chance (except for the small microorganisms that noone can figure out...) and the bloody mozzies!!!

big unit.
    there is a difference between being sensitive and respecting something mate. and i am all for good banta but i personally dont find seeing dead sharks left finned on a beach funny mate. sharks and crocadiles are aussie icons mate and if your going to kill them mate leave. and if you feel like your being hunted by sharks mate dont swim

Kratzy,
    Where did I write that I find Drumlining acceptable or that I am willing to participate in the practice of Drumlining ??? I will guarantee you anything you like, that you cannot find any such piece written by me. Also where did I say it that its funny to see dead finless sharks ???

Cheers
    James.

Man, this beats the shit out of watching CSI....

Nath....

I cant believe a bunch of guys who fish for a hobby/sport can complain so bitterly. Who are we to complain so bitterly ? We dont do the nicest things to fish do we. We arent deliberatley cruel but we are cruel sometimes eg; gaffing, live bait, bludgeoning. I am no Greenie/Do gooder but some of us are very self righteous. I try to kill as humanely as possible but it doesnt always happen that way. Get back to reality. Humans are the Apex predators we do have weapons and tools. So is a Drumline illegal ? maybe not. How do you set up a Drumline ? I dont know. Is it immoral ? Well that depends on who you ask and how you personally feel about it. Anyway thats my summisation of this post. Thanks to everyone who got into it.

Cheers
    James.