Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

myself, my wife and another couple decided to go to tangalooma wrecks one sunday morning to lie around and read the paper and have a bite to eat.

when we picked up the others, my mate had a spin rod with a small slug attatched to jig the beacons on the off chance of a mackeral.

first drop, hook up to something that didnt want to stop, after about thirty minutes, a lot of chasing and a near miss with a container ship, up came a nice cobia of 16 kg.

funny thing was the cobe had not taken the slug, the treble got caught on a busted swivel that was attatched to about 2 metres of 80pd leader that was securely hooked in to its mouth.

lots of disbelief when we got it close and realised what had happened.

thank you to the unlucky punter who had lost it the night before, dinner was lovely that night.

matty

I used to live and work on Orpheus Island off Townsville, One day out fishing a 2 mt Spaniard just jumps into the tinny I was fishing in, scared the wally out of me.

hi i thought i might add to my other onne that i posted, recently at stradrbroke island i was fishing the surf with plastics and there was not much going on so i put some s-factor on and accidently getting a bit on my line first cast a hit and the wave crashes so i go i am oon i drag it in to be a 50cm+ longtom where he had bitten the line where the scent was and in the wave it wrapped the lure around its snout becoming trapped.

regards,
    keechie
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

hi guys,

my flukiest fish was when we were fishing down the Coast for mackeral when my uncle was jst about to gaff his mackeral at boat and it got off....While i was standing there waiting i grabed the gaff and gaffed am mackeral swimming beside the boat......Was awsome.....

Cheers Plastic_Magic

my flukiest fish was a herrin on a bait jig

every single fish i have caught has been a lucky one
    Regards
    Dylan

Well done jackscatch.....That is a rare experience.....Cant wait till mine first on bait jig.....lol.....U idiot...

Plastic_Magic

I've done this at least 4 times that i can remember. Always in slack water around oyster leases in port stephens. Line runs around the ventral fins, through the mouth and then the hook catches back on the main line. hey presto lassoed fish. Always bream and everyone a keeper. The only time it has been slightly different, i lassoed a squire and then a bream took the hook so i got both. Couldn't work out for the life of me what i had on.

I was bream fishing with my father in-law at Reddy Bay about 10 yrs ago and was wading flicking my baitcaster around with a #1 92247 loaded up with chook gut and a zero bally down on the hook........ I got slammed about 5 mtrs away from where I was standing. I was hit in probably 3 foot of water max. Anyway the fish ran a wild arc through the water and then the line went slack.... it was heading straight for me.. I wound like buggery and finally gathered as it went straight between my wader clad legs it sped off pulling line against the drag whilst my rod was between my legs and basically my head was as well.... it finally bricked itself on a mangrove behind me.... either the tree was upside down or I was still looking through my legs. ..... it ended up being a nice 35cm jack that had wound itself up so tight on this tree that it was basically immobile..... I released it and just shook my head...... what a rush

sitting on the jetty ay karumba in 1979 i was pulling a big bream up the jetty when a pelican came swooping under the jetty and flew off with my breami gave it a good yank and the bream flew out of its mouth we took it home and bbqd it up for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by shaman View Post
    I was bream fishing with my father in-law at Reddy Bay about 10 yrs ago and was wading flicking my baitcaster around with a #1 92247 loaded up with chook gut and a zero bally down on the hook........ I got slammed about 5 mtrs away from where I was standing. I was hit in probably 3 foot of water max. Anyway the fish ran a wild arc through the water and then the line went slack.... it was heading straight for me.. I wound like buggery and finally gathered as it went straight between my wader clad legs it sped off pulling line against the drag whilst my rod was between my legs and basically my head was as well.... it finally bricked itself on a mangrove behind me.... either the tree was upside down or I was still looking through my legs. ..... it ended up being a nice 35cm jack that had wound itself up so tight on this tree that it was basically immobile..... I released it and just shook my head...... what a rush
    haha lol i would pay to see that one. thats a great story.

regards,
    keechie
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

115 cm jew in darwin in april at the end of a 2 day trip boat had landed 4 others in 30 minutes but i had not got a nibble skipper turned to us and said time to go home bring them in as he said that a nibble and slack line he started the motor so reeled in the jew was swimming towards me he had to turn the motor off till we landed it i think that was my flukest catch ever

shane

a mongel act i was away with the boys at eildon wier in victoria we were fishing one of the arms the boys had thier rods out so i slipped around the side and threw my hook and sinker accross thier lines and slowly wound it backby some stroke of luck my hook found old jacks line and made its way down to his hook jack was a very excitable bloke and he jumped up and grabbed his rod laughing and screaming as you do i was jerking and he was hollering that he had the monster from the deepwell all of a sudden the lines popped out of the water revealling my line caught on his i started laughing as you would and old jack didnt see the funny side that night around the fire after quite a few sherbets old jack got a bit fiesty it looked pretty serious there for a while some blokes just cant take a joke coop

20knt winds, raining and in a sagging inflatable canoe. I wanted to go home but my bro said one more cast, betting a jackall on catching a fish. he was using a 3.5cm popper in real choppy water, and got smashed halfway in by a 50cm golden trevally on 2kg line. Ipaid for the bet.

i was jigging a soft plastic in some fairly shallow water, with lots of rocks, when it got snagged about 2 meters away from me. i spent 10 mins trying to jiggle the lure out, i saw a 35cm bream yank the lure, unsnagging it and let me have him for dinner that night