Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

I once was showing my son handcasting in the surf with a spool of extra line.

We were messing around on fraser, passing time and keeping the young fellows occupied until we started fishing i had a pipi on and bloody hell the next minute after a spas cast 2 meters in front of us not deep at all we pulled in a dart.

Lil man says fishing is easy dad. can we go all the time i wish it was that easy all the time..

This brought me to thinking some fish have no luck and ended up on the dinner plate in strange circumstances.

keen to hear if anyone else has a story????

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught

some fisherman r as un lucky as that fish, surfs up, i've known some fisho's that have fished for a specific fish for years and still not bagged the fish they want, it's all bout your attitude and the way u can fine hone your skills, regarding tides, winds and dates. flukiest fish i've ever caught was a spotty mackeral on a raw hook, thats no bait, good spotty too

some fisherman r as un lucky as that fish, #surfs up, i've known some fisho's that have fished for a specific fish for years and still not bagged the fish they want, it's all bout your attitude and the way u can fine hone your skills, regarding tides, winds and dates. flukiest fish i've ever caught was a spotty mackeral on a raw hook, thats no bait, good spotty too

Hi there,

My story is we went fishing out in my boat out at old woman island and school of mackerel went past and my line went off, after fighting for a couple of mins, got the fish up the side of the boat and busted me off >. my mate was up the front of the boat and he was on to a fish as he got it in we found my hook was hooked onto his hook. his hook was not in the fishes mouth just hooked onto together with mine lol and he claimed the fish .

Cheers Heath

Well was Bass fishing with my mate, I had caught 5 to his none when we decided to call it a day. I said hold on, this reels looks a bit loose, I'll just have a last cast and wind the line back on tight.

Cast, but loose line still on reel, so peeled a fair bit more off and chucked it over the side to stop it tangling in the bottom of the boat. Got rid of all the loose line and started slowly putting it back on.

Mate asked if I was finished, and I was just saying, no, got a few more feet out yet, when the line started to move away, so I give him a gob full for pulling up the anchor before I was finished, but I quickly realised that he had not, a fish had hooked itself on the lure whilst it was lying on the bottom! It was a nice 45cm Bass Too!

Boy was he pissed! 6 to 0, with the last one pure arse!

went with the kids to catch mullet for bait when my son came back with a 35cm mullet. i asked him how he got it. he said he hit it with the big screwdriver he had. i got nothing

went with the kids to catch mullet for bait when my son came back with a 35cm mullet. i asked him how he got it. he said he hit it with the big screwdriver he had. i got nothing

NeilD

I picked up a 15.5kg Spaniard off Green (Moreton Bay) at the end of May on a very freezer dried peice of Tuna flesh out of a 12' Tinny a few years back. That was one very lost and unlucky fish

Cheers

Neil

Was out at the reef yeasterday. First thing in the morning decided to throw out a ganged pilly under a balloon in the hopes a mac may have a crack at it. Noticed the ratchet click over a couple of times before the reel started slowly losing line. Finaly set the hooks and to my suprise, six odd feet of sail fish comes flying out of the water 20m from the boat. Played it for an hour and a half to finaly lose it beside the boat! I called it a draw.
    Does that still count?

Years back, one night I had a screaming run on light line, took off hard again then turned into a dead weight and had no idea what it was. As it came closer a fin breaks the surface 30m away, shark I supposed. Skull dragged it to the side of the boat and it is a big spotty mackerel I'm pulling backwards.

Got him in and there was not a hook in him, the gang I had on had wrapped his tail and hooked over the line.

Interesting thread. Unfortunately I can't think of any flukey fish in my fishing lifetime but when you come up with a thread based on the luckiest fish I can condtribute something. I think I have lost some of the biggest fish in the past.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Hi all
    when i lived on the central coast i use to fish tuggerah lake with my uncle
    we were fishing for bream one night when both lines did a runner he was one side i was the other this poor 55cm bream was going now where due to the fact that he was greedy and swallowed both hooks

then 2 weeks later fishing off the entrance beach fishing for tailor nothing happening pulled in the 20lb line with 4/0 gang hooks on no pillie bbut to my surprize was a 10cm whiting did not even know he was there and hooked through the mouth following cast same thing only this time a 45cm whiting on pillies and gangs

cheers
    Steve

Loco_Pez

Was down at Ballina on Tuesday & was motoring along the Mobbs Bay wall to go out thru the opening. My mate was dangling his SP over the side checking the swimming action when a flattie swam up & scoffed it. He poled it out like a veteran tuna fisherman before I even turned around. The fish went back & we p***ed ourselves laughing.

A few years ago, I was fishing at a river and my little brother, who was about 4 at the time, had his own little rod setup but was coming incresingly bored with fishing. He decided that it was much more fun to start waving the rod like a lightsaber, when suddenly he swings an unfortunate bream up onto the river bank...In all his craziness, he had hooked the fish through the eye and managed to land it too, without anyone having any idea that he had a fish!
    Very interesting moment.

cameron

i caught a very very very lost spotty a few years ago off the beach at port stephens on a live poddy while fishing for flathead.