Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Attachment 67775This is what i fluked at Hervey Bay a few weeks ago whilst fishing for whiting. Lite line, lite rod and small hook....go figure!!
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

caught a 10lb kingfish on 4lb line in the shallows of a reef in 3 foot of water. 30 minutes of great fun. He could have got me at anytime. Lucky angler or dumbest kingie?

About 1980 fishing in the macleay river in nsw i landed a flathead but the line went into its mouth and out through its gills and a bream was on the end of the hook, so im guessing the flathead took the bait and the bream hammered him and the bait came out through his gills and he grabbed it, true story.

Was passing some time beach fishing for whiting on the west side of Moreton one evening with worms and a tiny size 4 hook, and some really stretchy old 8 lb line.
    Winding in slowly, just out beyond the little shore break and the line takes off at a great rate.
    Big ray, I thought. See how long this lasts.
    About 40 minutes later and half a kilometer from the where I started, I land a huge baracuotta.
    Backwards.
    Longer than a bathtub.
    The little hook had pinned it in the wrist of its tail.
    Added a few more 'Alvey' scars on my finger from the line burn.

Went out the harbour my kayak and found myself in the middle of a bait school. Got a hit on one rod and while winding the other one got hit on that as well. Luckily I lost that one and settled down to fight what Ithought was a golden trevally. 40 minutes later i had a 25kg GT next to the yak

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FishHunter; 08-06-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Correcting automatic spell checker
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

had a little bomber crankbait on when smallmouth fishing and caught two river smallmouth on one cast...one on each treble hook. I guess they wanted what I was throwing

Mine would have to be when I was about 16 or so fishing from a jetty in Port Kembla Harbour one night. I casted out a piece of pillie, placed my road down and walked over to help a friend find something in his car. A mate of mine was sitting with our gear then heard my rod and reel go scrape....scrape.....plonk straight into the drink.

I came back pi$$ed thinking id lost my favourite rod and bait caster, I had a second rod loaded with pillie & gang hooks and was thinking I could cast it out and hopefully jig the rod to get my ole faithful back into my greasy mitts!!

As I started to wind it in I could feel weight on the end of it and though id been taken by an octopus or something so I was jerking the rod back as quick as I could reeling it in hoping I could get rid of the occy or whatever was on the other end.

As I pulled the line in I could see the gang hooks had caught someone's line, so I start pulling it in and realise my road in on the other end!! So once I had my rod and reel back in my hot little hands I started pulling in the other end of the line and got my first glimpse of the culprit who pulled the rod in. To my surprise it was a nice little 3kg jew fish!!

A crap night at first turned into a ripper lol

Blake

Flukiest fish i have even been a party to was caught by my wife. I was fishing for trout in tassie and i had convinced her to play along. I had dry fly gear and she had a spin rod with some fluoro plastacine like bait. I spent an hour stalking a fish chest deep in the lake with no luck and she chucked her 'bait' in 10 feet from the bank and sat down. Before she even hit the ground she had a fish on. 2+ kilo rainbow. I reckon it was yawning and she threw the 'bait' down its throat.

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught

landed this jew on 4lb fishing for bream in the middle of the day on north wall evans head with no net. 30min fight then conned some kid in a kayak to grab it for me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Surf Fishing at teewah beach early morning a few years ago when mother nature called. Placed the rod on the beach with the 3 gang and pillie still attached in the middle of the gutter we were fishing, grabbed a toilet roll and headed for the dunes. Came back 15 mins later to find a 70cm flattie floating on the gangs, and the worst birds nest ever! Nice fish though!

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught

"landed this jew on 4lb fishing for bream in the middle of the day on north wall evans head with no net. 30min fight then conned some kid in a kayak to grab it for me"

Thats awesome!! I actually went camping there this weekend. Didnt have the same luck as you though lol

Blake
    "You ever hear this expression? The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work. Uh, I'll call B.S. I've watched the deadliest catch on Discovery. I've never once been at work, capsized in a 40 degree water, watched all my co-workers die, and be like, "Hey, at least we're fuc#ing fishing"

I was fishing one day on my boat when I saw a cardboard milk carton going against the current with a tail out the top of the carton. I reached out and grabbed the carton, and inside it was a mullet that had swum into it. Easiest fish I ever caught without any tackle. Let him go to fight another day.

A few years ago whilst fishing along the Curdies River at Peterborough Vic, I cast out long and waited for a bite.

After a while I got a jerk on the line, then another long slow pull so I jerked the rod to set the hook.

During the next 15min of trying to drag the 'beast' to shore, I was distracted by the antics of a flock of sea gulls noisily circling in the air.

The circling gulls came closer and closer until it dawned on me.

The now dead weight at the end on the line was in fact a sea gull that had taken my bait.

On shore I struggled to find the line buried under the feather that had garroted the bird.

Looking behind me was a now growing crowd of kids who looked at my unfolding situation.

I quickly got my knife from the back pack and promptly went to cut the line that was wrapped around the neck to suddenly hear the hysterical cries of a few kids yelling

'......he's going to cut the birds head off!!!!!!!!!......I'm telling dad....'

And off he ran up toward the caravan park.

With the line cut, the poor bird didn't begin to breath, so lying on its back in the sand, I pulled its wings outstretched a few times and did a little CPR, but alas, the Bird had died.

I quickly took the bird away and buried it some swampy ground and then high tailed it out of there.