Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thats a nice fish! .... Were you fishing lake Lyle ??
    Nagg
    Thanks Nagg.
    Yeah, Lake Lyall. Definitely plan on heading out there again this year. See if I can better my PB!

Gday everyone

I didnt catch the fish but i sure did see it, one of my mates was fishing in the river and had a few bites when he started reeling his line in to check the bait a fish started fighting against him. He brought the line in to find he had hooked a bream. but not on his own line he hooked someone elses snapped off line through the eye of the swivel and the fish was on the snapped off lines hook now thats gotta be pretty flukey.
    One that did happen to me however i hooked a yellowbelly on a lure and brought it to the surface only to see another one swimming below it so i got my cousin to get the landing net and he promplty landed them both or so we though and brought them into the boat two find from one fish on a lure we had 3 yellowbelly bucking around in the landing net also another flukey one

Neway cheers

I can't claim this one but i was there to witness my girl boat this beauty. All of us that have fished lures of any sort for any period of time can attest to the size lures some fish will hit but this is just rediculous.

Well more of a fluke i'd say.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

My story is not as amazing to others but i seem to catch heaps of squire but no brim on soft plastics so i threw a hardbody over boat close to one of the bay islands late at night as a last cast and pulled in a 40 cm brim to the tip in less than a feet or two and nearly pulled it into the air as i set the hook. Nice fish with big blue lips.

As kids in the brisbane river my brother and i both caught a large catty one in the mouth and one in the tail. We both fought over who caught him first due to the lines twisted so tight before we landed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Potsy01 View Post
    Gday everyone

I didnt catch the fish but i sure did see it, one of my mates was fishing in the river and had a few bites when he started reeling his line in to check the bait a fish started fighting against him. He brought the line in to find he had hooked a bream. but not on his own line he hooked someone elses snapped off line through the eye of the swivel and the fish was on the snapped off lines hook now thats gotta be pretty flukey.
    Neway cheers

I was standing next to my dad when he caught a trevally like that. His hook had been baited but while winding his line in he hooked the eye of a snap swivel, attached to a wire trace, attached to the 4/O hook inside the trevally's gob

Father in Law (pommie) was teaching me to cast a fly rod at the farm without the hook on, did it for about 10 mins and didn't loose and eye so I put a hook on and headed for the dam. First cast - pearch, he's still spewing. Never caught one since but would love to give salwater fly fishing a go.

When i was a young fella out fishing with my dad, hooked a small bream off the crner of an oyster rack as i was winding it in a huge flathead hit the bream. The breams spikes wer stuck in the flatheads mouth and i ended up with both of them good memory...

Talking Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

The flukiest fish I ever caught was a spanish mackrel, I had two hooks 1 meter appart, it went for the first bait and missed the the hook managed to catch it by about a 10 milimeter of skin down on its side near the tail.

Got it in without a gaff on a handline.

ha ha

hi all,
    great thread.
    a good few years ago, a mate and i were trolling off cape moreton, he had to ring up work to let them know he was crook and wouldn't be in. one of the lures we were trolling was a bibless sinking lure, i wound the first lure in and went to the other, bugger felt snagged, then it started to fight, end result 8kg snapper, he must have hit it on the bottom or when it was sinking

more recently,
    i was flicking a few plastics around in a creek that produces some nice flatties, had a cast, bugger i am snagged, was on the drift so wound us over to the "snag", thought it might have been an old crab pot or something, gave it a good heave, up come one of the biggest mud crabs i have ever caught, he stuffed my jig head, but he tasted great
    cheers
    dazza

missus and i went fishing today and we were parked up at the bedroom having lunch and she asked how hard it would be to catch a fish off the shore. both of us are fairly new to fishing so i said you probably could but chances might be slim. so we both cast our lines in, within 2 minutes i had something on my line. turned out to be a small whitting, which was swiftly sent back on its way.

not really a fish but my mate caught a lobster from a jetty once

i was once fishing for snapper, in the middle of a hot bite, i was letting my half pillie to the bottom when i noticed it wasnt going down, but heading out the back on the surface, i tightened the drag when an estimated 80kg sailfish lept out of the water and ran about 300meters out the back, just after turning its head around the line snapped, i thought that was a tad random. And just the other day we were floating pillies for reefies when my line started shredding off and 30mins later i boated a 20kg bluefin tuna

Years back a mate and i rode our pushies down to a local land lock lagoon (yeppon in Rockhampton) and saw a bunch of fish activity on the surface. We decided to rush back home grab a rod and have a go at catching the fish. Having no money for bait we decided to give the shinny lead bean sinker a go, last cast was the call and bang hooked into a nice size tarpon. What a great fight and the memory lasts.

Hey,

My Flukiest catch would have to be a 20cm butter bream, doesnt sound great but, me and my mate where throwing the cast net and one cast i felt the net jumping and let my friend know there was a fish in there we were watching it flash in the net when it got out, luckily, my friend had a rock in his hand and as the fish was trying to find its bearings he threw it and hit in clean across the head with a rock, the fish died but it was still a good moment.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Cheers, Dylan

PB's

Bream: 40cm - Whiting: 41cm - Flathead: 62cm