Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

G'day,
    A few years back I was fishing off a wharf with me little brother who was about 7 years old at the time. My bro was dangling his line on the inside of the wharf around the rocks and he said he was teasing a crab. Next thing, he pulled up a 35cm bream and it ended up being the only fish caught all day. He couldn't explain how he caught it clearly but from what I gathered, the bream grabbed the crab that Daniel was teasing with his hook LOL.

a few years ago we were staying at a friends place at maroochydore. They had a townhouse that backed onto a canel. Whilst waiting for breakky to be ready, I picked up the rod he had laying there, put a bit of bread on the hook and cast into the canel... first hookup a little bream. 1 from 1.. couldn't get better odds than that.

It didnt happen to me but years ago a mate got busted up by a nice trout off the sunshine coast. Then a few days later a couple of guys came into work carrying a nice trout. They were dumbfounded by the way they caught it. The fish was not actually hooked, they actually hooked the eye of the swivel ( about a metre and a half away from the hook ) on the busted up rig my mate uses. Low and behold here is my mates rig hanging out of its mouth. When asked where abouts they were they gave the approx spot and to this day i have never seen my mate so pissed off as to the fact of the lost trout. They were a couple of very lucky fisherman!!

Caught a 30kg Cobia on a bait rig near coffee rocks the Eastern side of moreton, went to the coffee rocks to get out of the weather and possibly catch some fish, we were catching all juveniles so we were obviously in the nursery, when my rod took off, we had to keep backing up on the fish to make up line, 2 1/2 hours later we got her aboard, without the expertise of Captain Ron Jenyns on the South Pacific II charter boat, it may not have happened, Thanks Ron!
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

A few years back fishing for jew at night off a beach wit a rocky out crop got nailed by something decent i thought not a jew but maybe a good snapper which we do get the odd few.. I was a 65cm mangrove jack.. WAT THE!!!!!!!
    Was very very happy wit this

I was fishing the Inner Gneerings with a couple of friends from NSW.They used my gear and I had the job of putting on bait and taking off fish.

For a bit of fun grabbed one of the kids rods and chucked out a half pilly on a bream hook and nailed a 5 kg shark mackeral.$30 Kmart speacial and 1.6 kg line down to the hook.Took a while to get in but was biggest fisk of the day.

Hi All
    yes don't we wish fishing was that easy, but then that would take all the fun out of it.
    i have had to lucky catches over the years two that come to mind is i was fishing for Tailor on the Central coast The Entrance Beach with 20lb Line 16ft Qld's Butterworth Rod and a Deep Spool Alvey with 3 x 4/0 gang Hooks and a Pilly in the water for all of 2mins and a little tap then nothing bring in the line and sitting on the end hook a 43cm Whiting.

The other was Fishing the Broadwater Gold Coast just drifting along the drop off Sand edges of Little Crab island for Flathead 8lb Line 7ft boat rod 2 x 2/0 gang hook rig and then thought i had hooked a snag next thing i know i am bringing in a stargrazer about 55cm the ugliest fish you will ever see i thought at first it was a stone fish until i was told what is was and beleive me guy's it tasted ok as well.

Cheers
    Steve

The best I have done was while bottom bouncing for snapper off exmouth in 30m of water. On the drop I got hit by something and as soon as my bait hit the bottom it took of stripping line from the reel. First though was a shark until about 150m away a nice 5-6 foot sailfish started jumping. After 30-45mins he was realeased and on his way. Not a bad way to get your first.

Dan

Was at the East Alligator looking for lost lures in a downed tree when picked a 12lb barra out of a gutter in the rocks.

8.5kg coral trout at the blinker on a happy moment livey as the handline took off with a mackeral and wulla pulled up the rod 10 mins l8r and 1 coral trout plus me macky that turned out to be be a big black kingy.....

Thumbs up Re: What is the "Flukiest" fish u have ever caught????

Not strickly speaking a fish but while fishing near the Sundale bridge one night I hooked what I thought was a snag. It looked like a small tree branch while I was reeling it in with twigs poking out at all angles.

Well bugger me, the twigs turned out be antenna.

A 1kg painted lobster had tangled it's self in my dub whiting rig. I don't know if it lived there or if it was an escapee from a fish tank but it was the best tasting snag I have eaten in years.

Monday, at the Palm Cove jetty, Spanish Mac 68-70cm on 8lb braid and 20lb leader, fowl hooked on the side (does this count)

Daz

Mine was a 20 kilo GT on a worm, and at night time on the rocks
    then the next "flukiest" was when i was spinning at the spit and i foul hooked a 2kg
    parrot fish....

cheers dal

Had a weird night with a couple of AF members at cherubs a few years back.

First up caught a dirty great painted cray on a livey.
    Half hour later caught a manta ray on a livey.

They got snapper - I got entrees.

When i was about 12 i was fishing off a wharf in NSW (Moruya heads) reeling my line in to check the bait i noticed something following it..when i lifted it out of the water the fish jumped out of the water and landed right at my feet.. i wouldn't have believed it if i wasn't there but the best and weirdest thing about the whole episode was the fact that it was a John Dory of about 1.5kg's.. i knew exactly what it was so packed up and rode my bike straight home and had it for lunch... oh yeah Dad didn't believe how i caught it either lol.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!