Thread: 1770 fishing spots/tips

kwijibo

1770 fishing spots/tips

Hello fellow ausfishers,

I am going to 1770 for a week early in the new year. I am planning on spending a majority of that week fishing and was just wondering if anyone had any spots/marks/tips they could give me.

We are hoping to do some bottom bashing and i am interested in finding some close in reefs. If anyone has any locations for catching reef fish that they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

We are also planning on catching live bait, fishing for pelagics and fishing the creeks, so any tips at all would be great.

Cheers,

Show me the fish

Re: 1770 fishing spots/tips

only one real tip for 1770, drop in at Agnes bait and tackle and talk to Tony, Sandi or Josh the local guru of all things fishy. You can find them on the RHS about 1km before Agnes. or call on 07 49749304 7 days from 5.30am.
    cheers
    blaze

SMTF,

As Blaze has said, just ask Tony. He will almost certainly give you the numbers for 'the wreck', not a bad spot if you don't want to travel too far, although it's always covered in trevelly.

You could get lucky and catch something red (other than friggin snapper) and a cobe is always a good chance.

best of luck

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

kwijibo

Thanks Blaze & Roz,

I will be sure to pay Tony & co. a visit when i am there.

regards,

Show me the fish