Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: whats your biggest flathead?

Re: whats your biggest flathead?

2nd Lizard !!
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

Young Hooknose with a big Lizard ( 1976)
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

myn was 68cm and i got it on a sp

cheers davo

bidkev

My first Lizard and still my biggest to date, although I didn't measure it at the time. I've never targetted 'em in particular but that is about to change since seeing the monsters at Kingfisher Bay............when you see 'em in the water at over a metre long, you just get this itchin' to pull 'em outta there Already planning my next trip to Frazer.

kev

Hi all,

Got this one down the Pin on a snap back! 73cm, was in too much of a hurry to get it back into the water to think about reading the weight on the Boga grips... Bloody freezing that morning and it fought like a wet sock!

Cheers

Richo

Captian_Zero

81cm, Pumicestone passage, live herring, 4kg Platypus pre-test, 25lb mono leader.

Best on SP is 55cm Mud island, 6lb fireline, 12lb mono leader.

Regards

Chris

hi
    my biggest flatty is 94cm i caught it on a live pike off the hervey bay Urangan pier an i happly released it

My biggest was 93cm caught trolling at beaver rock near the heads on a gold storm deep thunder. did a few good runs was like a bloody log when it was under the boat tho.

Quote Originally Posted by _Dan_
    This is the flatty i posted about. PIc is off a phone but you get the idea of the size... Its a 6ft mans leg also, not a midgets.. haha

Also the fish is not mine, i wouldnt want to take the glory

Cheers
    damn

that looks prehistoric

118cm off seaway on a 15cm live mullet intended for a jewie have a pic somewere was in paper about 97-98 got a $100.00 tackle voucher too. will scan pic and post later, Oh and she was released!!!

R_K_HILL

Hey Treviso, I posted the same thing a few months ago...

CHECK THESE ONES OUT ! ! !

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1154424623/66#66

Well we spent chrissy and ny's down the coast with the family.
    Went out with the missus to do some trolling (no Luck). We decised to head back in early and get some food. After we ate had a call from a mate that was out on the water so we waited to catch up with him. Whilst waiting
    decided to hit up the plastics as I had bought the missus a new combo in early december and had hardly used it. (Mind you the first time she did
    we had a 40cm jack to the boat, f
    irst fish with the new combo)

So trying to teach her what to do casting it out for her and showing her the jigging motion. Anyway after about 5 mins of leaving her to her own devices, I get a cry of "I think I got one" next thing I hear is the drag being pulled.

After thinking it was a stingray and taking over to bust the line. I saw this big tail kick in the water next thing we had was a cry from myself grab the net. Enough dribble........... Here is the missus' 2nd fish on the new combo

Forgot to mention it went just under 80cm

83cm at lake conjola... just a whole prawn

7 and 1/2 lb, Kirra beach just after the 74 floods, black queen rod and a 4 inch alvey, whiting head.