Thread: Baffle Ck

Baffle Ck

Hi,

I have been given a leave pass for 5 days and figured this to be a good spot to venture. However I need some HELP hm maybe LOTS of help.

First of :
    1. Where to stay???? I have been told there is a town on the Baffle which starts with a T ???, yes not a lot to go on but hopefully someone will know.
    2. Next is what fish are on at the moment?
    3. Tackle required .... I am looking at taking a few rigs 4 KG to 15 KG
    4. Live bait, lures, soft plastics
    5. Bities as in sandflies i am going armed just in case with bushmans my son has a problem with them is all?

Any other info is most welcome we are looking at going Sunday or Monday.

Thanks
    Brian

Re: Baffle Ck

G'day Brian,

1: I can recommend the camp stay and baffle bobs. Stayed at both. I prefered the camp stay, but the ramp is bigger/better at baffle bob's. The camp stay has all the gear laid on if you need it. Just bring food & beer..... there was something else..... oh yes, fishin' gear
    2: Don't know, but you could reasonably expect bream, flathead, jacks etc.
    3: Bring it all If you're going to stay in the creek, then 15kg may be a touch overgunned for all but Jacks in the sticks.
    4: Yes
    5:As with any mangrove/estuary type area, at times they'll eat ya alive! If he suffers, bring the appropriate creams etc.

have fun, it's a top spot

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Pistol_Pete

I have been told Baffle Creek is a great Jack Creek....
    Take ya baitcasting gear...20lb Braid and some good Jack lures...

start taking vitamin 'b' before you go and as you sweat it out you repel sandflies and it helps skin irritations.polaramin is great for irritations and for the flue so stock up before you go and apply plenty of rid as it has medicional properties too.

Have decided to stay at Baffle Bob's can anyone tell me if there is fuel available there or where the nearest available place would be.

Thanks
    Brian

I can't remember if Bob's has fuel, but there's a small shop/servo only few k's away.
    You'll pass it on your way to the bottle shop

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)