Thread: lowrance x75

Ausfish Addict

lowrance x75

anyone own one of these. I have just purchased a boat with one. Some dealers say they arent worth diddley squat others say they are great.I am only looking to use it to 200 ft max
    cheers.

Re: lowrance x75

G'day,
    Mate the X75 is one of the best sounders of its type on the market. I had one and never had any problems. They're good for about 100 metres with a 20 degree transducer. If you want some fine points on using it, pick up a book from Kmart by Ron Halcutt about Lowrance sounders for about $15.00.

Dave_G

Ausfish Addict

thanks dave u may have saved me a few hundred $$$$ as most dealers only want to sell you a new sounder
    cheers.

Hi Jaybee
    I no a couple of fisho's that have the Lowrance x75 and they reckon there a reasonable unit but like any unit it's only as good as the operator but as Dave said go and buy the book as most of the time your only looking for reef's, deep holes, weedy bottoms, or rocky formations and maybe a gravel bed, it bets going out and spending big money on another unit that might be just as good.

CHEERS
    STEVE

Ausfish Addict

thanks guys got onto it at the local kmart will go n buy
    cheers

jaybee - had one with the old boat - it went with it - wish it hadn't

Ausfish Addict

guess all i can do now is try it in varying stiuations.. the last sounder i had was a furuno fe 400 quite a few years ago
    thanks guys

Jaybee, Check out the Lowrance web site at www.lowrance.com there is quite a bit on how to tune their sounders, real good stuff from what I can see. Have only really heard good things about the X75, have just bought an X71 myself. Clutter.

Ausfish Addict

thanks clutter. I actually contacted Lowrance australia and got some really good feedback. They say it will be more then enough for where I want to go. Plus i picked the book up the DaveG mentioned. I am going to try it out off mooloolabah this weekend all going well with the weather.
    cheers

Jack_Lives_Here

Jaybee,
    Had one of those models for some time myself. Only problem I had was OIE (Operator Induced Error). I let my battery run down low and when I started the motor it put a power spike thru the thing and frizted a little diode. It was 2 months out of warranty but the people at Lowrance were brilliant - sent me a brand new unit. Big thumbs up!!

G'day,
    As far as I know, the X75 is out of production now. The equivilent is now the X91, although this has a bit (
    lot) more power.
    Ron's book is well worth the investment, and the Lowrance web site is very informative. You can print out the Tuition bit and keep it in the boat.
    Oh the X75 and X85/91's are top units, and the factory backup is excellent.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Ausfish Addict

thanks guys. I have had some excellent feedback here and from lowrance australia. Seems nothing is too much trouble for them. Was going to replace the unit but why waste mone if i dont need to. I will endeavor to learn the unit and take it from there. Thanks again for the feedback
    cheers.

The 200 hz transducer should be good to 200 foot, for anything deeper you might need the 50hz.
    While the 75 has been replaced by the x71, there are still ample parts available for the older models.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Ausfish Addict

The transducer i have is 192 hz according to the book i bought and the feedback from lowrance for what i want to do as long as i zoom the bottom 50 foot i should be right trial an error.. my bro has a navman 400 and if it compares to that i will be happy .. thanks guys.
    cheers.