Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap but Good GPS

Re: Cheap but Good GPS

how easy r they to use smithy as the megelan arent as easy as the garmin to operate

Bloody easy. Best user friendlyness I have come across. Better than Garmins. Also have a Magellan Tracker here at work. Not to bad but the Lowrance/Eagles are better. I am also not sponsored by anyone in anyway - these are just my personal observations.

Once past the "appliance" thinking and actually sit down read (and understand) the manual most are plain easy.

The traps come for some who don't fully understand the particular unit they are using and there's some units that do certainly have the odd trap.

Most manufacturers make the manuals available on line, which is a good source of information and comparison when looking at specific models.

As for specifications well that entirely comes down to what a particular person requires or in most cases thinks they require. So many different ways one can look at particular models and capabilities for many many different reasons.

I don't see any critical importance in simply say the number of waypoints as maybe compared to the physical screen size AND the resolution in relation to that screen size.

What suits some won't suit all and it really comes down to an individual users requirements and sometimes that might take into account things like being "vision impared" etc.

Cheers, Kerry.