Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera's

Re: Digital Camera's

I have the Sony DSC VI. Its brillant. Does everything i want. Takes 5MP sized photos and downward to about 1.3 i think. can take footage and other neat stuff. Got it off ebay and saved at least $300+.

I am so impressed with it i even conviced Derek to get one

However, in the kayak i still use the old cheapy film one...

In a nutshell i depends on a) how much money you are willing to spend B) what do you want it for C) where are you going to use it.

There isn't much point spending top $$$ for a nice camera if you have the chance of dropping it overboard and never seeing it again (hence why i use the $200 version in the Kayak.)

I like mine. PM me for more info if interested.

Rob.

If you look hard enough , there are cases available for MOST digital cameras these days , to protect them from just that , sand , dust & water( saying water i mean not overboard of course, unless it's a totally waterproof diving case) . Some of them after market stuff, and reasonably cheap i am told .On saying that i am still yet to get one for my Sony DSC-P50 2.1 megapixel

Have a Oylmpus 1.3 mega pixels SLR purchased about 6 years ago for about $3000, takes really good macro and has the ability to screw on filters etc.
    Also have a chinese job off ebay that only safes the pics sometimes it only cost $25, but not worth a $1
    cheers
    blaze

Nikon D70 SLR 28 - 80 Zoom AF. 6 mega pixel
    Every but as good and quick as my F60 35mm and all my accesories/ lenses are interchangeable.
    I wish I had gone to a digital SLR years ago, but always let the price put me off.
    Cheers
    Mark

Les,,, I am only after a cheap digital for now. Where did you get yours? Looks like it does the job.

Cheech

I've had the cheap one's.

There just crap, I had my cheap one changed over twice at the shop.

They take alright picture's but always had downloading problems.

So thats why I upgraded to the Sony.

It has happened too many times, I've taken a great photo but could not get it off the camera due to a unreliable cheap camera.

My tip, buy a reliable brand.

My thoughts

Macca

Your dead right Macca. I always talk about buying anything cheap being false economy. Just don't always take my own advice.

Will hold off a while till I can afford something reasonable.

Cheech

Cheech ...Sony have been fairly reliable for me and a breeze to download to my computer with Win XP ( don't need any software ) They are also getting fairly cheap lately.I think i was looking at an add in Sundays paper for a 4.1 meg. approx $400.oo?
    Maybe wrong it could have been a 2.1, either way they take a great shot and a 128 meg memory stick is approx $100 and hold approx 400 shots at best resolution.
    Rod

oscar

What a pleasant supprise for a computer, on connecting the Sony, XP reqognised the camera, made a directory, downloaded my stills and movies. When I have more to add, I just plug in the camera, it automatically loads them into the directory. Also having a son with one, makes sharing memory sticks and photos a breeze.
    PS: Brisbane car sound have memory sticks, 128MB for $74.

Cheech,
    I got mine from Coles Supermarket where I work. All stores were allotted 6 cameras each. Our 6 went within one day. The boss bought 2, and he got one for the store, my workmate bought one and I bought one. We sold the other to a customer. They were $49.00 and with staff discount got mine for $46.00. I have no trouble whatsoever downloading from the camera. It also takes 40 seconds of video without a memory card. The pictures come out brilliant.
    IF you can track one down at a Coles supermarket just keep your docket and if any problem arises AT ALL, you will be refunded your 49 bucks, no questions asked.
    I could buy 3 packets of smokes for the same price, in a week and nobody will give me a refund on them eh? What have you got to lose.... nothing.... go for it. Hope you find a Coles with some left. I love my camera. 200 pics and still going strong on the same batteries. The wife's batteries cant beat that
    cheers
    Les

Kodak DX6490 $849 with printer dock, the good thing about this camera is that the battery has lasted 180 shots with the flash. This pic below is at seaworld last week and it's only 47k in size

I'm with Blitzy, I too use a Kodak DX6490. #Excellent Large screen. #10X Optical zoom good lens quality.
    Better off with a couple of small mem cards rather than one big one. #If it buggers up, you've lost everything. #By a card reader and use that. #Not keen on Kodak software, to much spyware stuff in it.
    Harvey Normal have a Vivitar on sale at the moment which is good value. #10X Optical 3.2 megapixel 2.5" screen. #About $380, they were $900 when I looked at them in January.

This is with the Kodak, great Blues nice fish Fitzy
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by MTpockets
    Hows this Rod? 45 bucks well spent i would say.
    Geez yeah, 45 bucks for a Yammy 30 is good buyin'
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

You've done well MT. I tip my hat to you!

2 Megapixels is stacks for pickies to email and those cameras are cheap as chips these days I just didn't realise how cheap!!!
    3Meg will do for most smaller prints and works a treat on email once you downsize them. Most cameras will save as smaller files directly if required.

I have a Canon Powershot S40, a 4Meg unit that cost me almost $2000 a few years ago. I have only twice used the full resolution but would use it IF I wanted to make a poster shot or zoom in and crop while keeping the resolution. This sort of gear is a bit like buying computers, buying the latest and greatest will get you the most expensive unit that will drop in price the fastest while buying the unit that does the job for you will cost you a stack less and still hopefully be doing the job you bought it for in a few years time. I'm really happy with my camera but it hurts to see it in the shops getting close to $500 and I would feel more comfortable in the surf with a $45unit so I will keep my eyes peeled.