Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS ...any advice ?

Re: GPS ...any advice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebbasser
    If possible make sure it is WAAS enabled. #I don;t quite remember what WAAS stands for but it is supposed to be able to get you to within two meters of your waypoint. #Great when you are trying to find that small piece of structure you found last trip out.
    WAAS enabled [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] be buggered you do, that's the last thing you want here. It can be WAAS ready but the last thing you want to do in Australia is actually enable it, it needs to be disabled.

WAAS is short for Wide Area Augmentation System, which is a WADGPS Wide Area Differential GPS third party augmentation system but it don't work here and in fact the FAA are now facing funding cutbacks for the system as it has been realized that the system is unable to provide category I performance at most US airports due to misjudging technological maturity and unexpetced cost growth, in other words it can't/doesn't do what it was actually designed/intended for.

Cheers, Kerry.

i have just bought a gps 72 and i haven't been able to get the tide info function to work. i had a look through the book but i can't find much on the tides.
    does anybody know how to use this function properly.

cheers, anyfish

Billo
    No worrys mate been down the same path Best price etc .
    I hope you fill it with lots of great spots .
    My mate uses it to mark crab pots His memory is so bad [smiley=hammer.gif]
    He hasen't lost one yet .
    Happy Fishing
    BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

scott_b

Gday dont know if this will help but they sound cheap.

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/index.htm