Thread: $1000 for gps + sounder

$1000 for gps + sounder

Have only $1000 to spend for a GPS and Sounder. Can anyone give me some help or info in this range. Would like to spend more but have my cut off. Should I be going combo or cheap handheld GPS and seperate fishfinder?
    Your experiences needed.

Toto

Re: $1000 for gps + sounder

Mate, have been researching the subject me self, with the same aim, about $1000 to spend, found a couple of combo's for less than a thousand at www.biasboating.com.au, have a look, i also will be interested in what the experienced fisho's have to say.
    cheers mick

If it was me wouldn't buy como simply because if there is a problem with sounder or gps you loose both, and having one is better than waiting for its return from the warranty people and having none. There are some great sounders/fishfinders 4 under $500.00 and also some great gps for the same money.

Spend $600 on a sounder and $400 on gps
    I have a garmin gps76 and it is great,have only scratched the surface of what it can do .
    cheers jon

I can't go past the Garmin 128 as it beats the N-v-a- map GPS I have and then lots of money for the fish finder. I won't mention the model N-v-a- I have but, as I am looking for a better one on the quiet so the wife won't know..................Q.Is that thing new, A. what, that old thing, of course not.

Angla

gogecko

Im looking into the same thing. I think I'll start with a base model fishfinder like the HUmmingbird Max 15 for around $220, and a hand held gps for around $250 on ebay. Then I can upgrade the sounder when I get better at using it, and understand what extra features I really need. Just remember to get the 'floating' handheld gps.

Angla, I understand. Everything I buy for the boat "cost me $50 on ebay" when my wife sees it. See if that works. I dont think she believes it tho.Funny how her shoes all cost $30 on special. Yeah right, for pure leather? ANd how the shopping costs me $200 when I do it, but costs her $280? Theres never a receipt either, hmmm cash advances at the till, bugger the retailers.

SharkBait

Hi Toto
    If it helps at all: I have just purchased a Matrix 67 sounder- plotter combo complete with Navionics Chart (Brisbane - Rosslyn Bay) for total cost $850 Australian Dollars. That included freight. I am really happy with what I have recieved for my dollars as I have about $1500 worth of goods for $850!
    Yep is from USA
    Heres the website if your interested #and they do have heaps of makes and models available - #combo or individual units.

www.cascadegps.com
    Cheers
    NB