Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Customs Page Update

Re: Customs Page Update

Sundown Marine,

I guess what most people are frustrated with is someone is making big bucks from us, that's average Aussie blokes and girls.

We are constantly told we, Australia, are apart of the global economy yet the prices for exactly the same products are being 'flogged' to us at much higher prices. I am not talking about cheap chinese sweat shops flogging undies or hankies.

Some people will pay extra for good service and some will simply shop for the best/cheapest price, I guess we would be boring if we were all the same.

But the bottom line is this .... we work hard for our money and its a wise man (or girl) that makes their money work hard for them too. Why sould we hand over our cash to you guys when we can #legally buy from os and still save our money, which of course on many occasions is then returned into the Australian economy.

I guess it's an Australian trait that we don't like being taken for fools or taken advantage of either for that matter, and I can't help but feel someone thinks we are a captive market, and think along the lines of #thats the Aus price and thats that.

Well I can tell ya fellas it's a big world out there and its ours for the taking and #when your selling international brands with huge price differences, the competition is not just the bloke down the road.

Cheers,
    Tony #
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Thumb's up to Sundown Marine,
    After a phone conversation with Jason from Sundown Marine, which both sides of the debate was expressed, he endeavoured to do the best deal he could,and with his supplier's co-operation that has been achieved. The deal is, a Furuno 1824c with 2.2KW radar,GPS,chartplotter and fish finder with transducer.The price agreed to is more than if i purchased from the US,.....BUT NOT THAT MUCH MORE, with the added bonus of free training,help and advise with the install and local backup service.This is better Than i could get from the US.Deposit will be placed tomorrow and i look forward to having a quality system in my new boat.My experience with Sundown Marine(Jason) today has renewed hope for a fairer deal for us boaties.service provided to me today has set the bench mark for the other electronic retailers to follow.Any AUSFISH boaties considering purchases have all to gain and nothing to loose contacting Jason-Sundown Marine.
    P.S. Thanks to AUSFISH as they have provided a platform that ultimatly benifits everyone.

thats right sundown marine, NO comment.
    I couldnt comment on charging 800bucks more for a garmin 178C either.
    good luck daniel

I have made this comment before, You, Me, US are the customer at the end of the day. When buying any item the onus is on us to shop around and getthe very best deal that is out there. I have to say that a tackle shop of sorts that I have not really shopped at before has now got loyality from me and a mate.
    You know who you are......... Thanks Again

Dont be scared or shy in being a hard bastard when buying, you will be suprised what you will save. No one likes to be ripped off, rule of thumb we work hard for our money dont waste it.

HooklinenSinker, Mate Tell'em that they are dear as hell if you like.
    Most business' will look after you if you go about it in the right manner.

too right kiktz.
    people are daft not to shop from the states. unless you have more money than sence. there are a lot of shops selling on ebay now and using paypal you get extra security. dealers over here just give you a load of baloney about gst and all the other crap. big deal gst is 10%. ive lived in the states and in europe and have done many transactions through the internet and not one has ever failed me.
    who in there right mind wants to pay $1549 for a gps when you can get it for less than 1/2 that price.
    oh ye sundown marine says so because we must support our local dealer.mmmmmm
    if anyone wants some help or tips on purchasing from overseas il be glad to help.
    daniel

Mickey7,

Mate
    Glad we could help,all is in progess and i'm confident you have a far superior deal through us than any dealer ,anywhere.
    Once you take into account the extras we organised through Furuno Australia it is a great deal and something impossible to achieve from the U.S.
    Thanks again for the chance to prove we can do the job if asked.

Kiktz,

Spot on.
    The customer is no.1 and if asked we will do our very best to accomodate any request asked of us.All of us that work in the trade turn into customers after work and we deal just as hard as customers as anyone who we serve.

Daniel,

It seems you are set on buying from the U.S. and fair enough if that's the way you want to buy.
    We can only suggest you give us a crack at future wants and see if we can do for you what we did for Mickey7.
    One more thing to consider over and above price is that if you use #non-C-Tick approved equipment on your boat and you have an insurance claim lodged against you or indeed you lodge a claim due to an accident
    there is no insurance company in Australia that will pay on a boat that has been involved in an accident that has been using non C-Tick approved electronics.Every company uses serial no. tracking and insurance companies will find out where it came from and then you have no cover,at all.Even worse if a fatality eventuates,then the user would be criminally liable for the accident.

As we said before everyone should save money the way they see fit but be aware of what the consequences are.

Sundown Marine.
    Sundown Marine.
    Cnr Anzac Ave and Regency street
    Redcliffe QLD 4020
    (07) 32033007

sundown marine, its not that i want to buy from the states. your missing the point. i would buy from here if my garmin 178C was maybe a few hundred more just so i can have it now. but not 820bucks more. that is just out of order.that hard earned cash we work for that you talked about ,i would have to do a lot of overtime to pay for the same item just to fill your coffers. NO CHANCE.
    next message you write lets talk price. could you do the garmin 178C for $731.97? (aussie $$) or maybe $200 more? still no .maybe for $1549 like the rest? YES THATS THE PRICE SIR.
    Dont take it personal i know your only doing your job.and iam sure you are trying your best.

daniel

mate theres nothing on 2hd hand units 1 scrath makes it 2nd hand ebay has plenty any way it would be unaustralian to stop a battler getting personal gear at the best price cheers wayneoro

hooklinensinker,

where can you get these units so cheap from? I am interested in getting one but cant seem to find them anywhere near that price.. I too would have to think that paying double is a bit rich.....Send me a pm if need be.

ive sent you an email the bill collector.

Thanks for that info dan! it deffinitly is an eye opener! something i am taking into consideration!

bill collector

HOOKLINEnSINKER

I would appreciate it if you would tell me where to get cheaper gear please.

Scubapro

Quote Originally Posted by SundownMarine
    To add to this string is the following

link:http://www.accesscomms.com.au/comply.htm

In summary, all radiocommuncation equipment, ie gps and sounders, require CTICK approval for legal use in Australia.

We are not bagging the US dealers but everyone who brings illegal non-CTICK approved product into Australia should be aware that the unit may be withheld and a fine incurred.

Circumventing import duties and GST is also high on customs agenda in today's world.

Also be aware that the Australian agents/dealers read these boards and are moving as quickly as possible to get customs on the job.

By all means save money where you can but by supporting your local dealer our advice and service will be here in the future.

We advise researching import procedures carefully before handing over your hard earned cash to a faceless company overseas.

Sundown Marine.

Not that I doubted you Sundown Marine, but that info didn't sit well with me. So I fired off an email to the ACMA & asked the question about CTICK approval for items imported for personal use.
    Their reply below.

Hello Heath

The EMC regulations apply to "suppliers" of products to the Australia market. If the VHF marine radio is a 'one off' for your own personal use, you are not required to comply with the EMC regulations.

However, just for your information, if the device was able to connect to the public telephone network, for example a modem in a laptop it would need to comply with Australian standards even if it was a 'one off'.

Thank you for your inquiry. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you require further clarification.

Regards
    Joanne van Uden
    Compliance Officer
    Australian Communications and Media Authority

Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

nice one heath
    need we say more daniel

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Only suckers pay Aussie retail.

Heath - you're a suspicious bugger - and rightfully so it seems.

Sundown Marine - shame on you.

I must say I was originally suprised to see SM adds on Ausfish. Now I'm just disappointed.