Thread: Solution for sounder (transducer) depth

Solution for sounder (transducer) depth

Reading all comments about the #faulty readings due to depth and speed this bracket may solve your problem available from most tackle shops easy to adjust for just 12$ its worth the experiment.

hope it helps-------------------Ahoj

Re:  Solution for sounder (transducer) depth

Pic 2

pic 3

I had one of those brackets! The thread where the thumbscrew is stripped the first time I did it up
    I ended up buying one of the brackets below. Although a bit more expensive, it seems to be much better quality. I still havent fitted it so I cant say for sure how good it is
    Shane

Shane,
    Yes you could be right screw is a bit dicey but a piece if stanless steel to replace the black nylon/plastic drill and tap new thread will fix it permanantly

Cheers Ahoy

Yeah that could fix it.
    Have you got one of these installed? I found when I had it installed that the pressure from the water on the transducer made the slide work its way up. And that why the thread stripped! Cause I tried tightening it up too much
    Shane

I have that sort of bracket, but for some reason my sounder can't read the depth at speed. I angled it forward (rear end down) per a suggestion from the helpful guys at sundown marine and this did help. Now I can get depth data at about 18 knots, where as before it would crap out at about 9 knots.

Anyone know what is going on here - how far can you angle the transducer forward and not affect the accuracy of the readings?

Mick

After i set up the depth for 0-18 km ( which is my max speed) I made if fit permanently to the transom. the sounder in in the water at top speed 45 mm a slight angle down somehow reduced the air bubbles leaving the bottom of the hull . I am pleased.. Mind you my transducer can be lowered and highten.
    I found this homemade bracket more reliable then anything on the market...but i couldn't do it without the earlier illustrated bracket..Now my reading is fine at all speeds.... see pic.

Ahoj

Pic 2

My rig has 2 small hulls I hope the ideas I presented here will suit your boats

Ahoj