Thread: $600 to spend.But which sounder?

$600 to spend.But which sounder?

I currently have a lowrance x51 but am going to upgrade so i can read fish archs and schooling bass easier? The x51 does the job but it is hard to work out.
    Which sounder would be recomended for around $600 mark.

Re: $600 to spend.But which sounder?

bassjunky

e-mail me "Alimo88" here please

j.jordan@murdoch.edu.au

I can't PM

Justin

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Lowrance x135

as whiteman said , also have a look at some of the furunos that are between $ 5-600.
    Cheers Ian

Are the x135 lowrance or any of the furunos in this price bracket colour screens? What is the hummingbird matrix series like?

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

$600 for colour won't give you the pixel count you NEED. I don't miss any necessary detail using the mono x135. Good colour will come down to this price in a couple of years time I reckon.

matrix 37 is a grat unit. 500 watts RMS, heaps of pixels. For around that $600 mark they would have to be the best value for money sounder working. Compare the beams, watts and pixels and its hard to look past it. Mine works a treat! just PM if you need help with it once you buy one. Roddy

I would look at the Furuno FCV620 if you can make your budget strech a bit. I believe they are around $675US at www.###############. Furuno makes a great quality sounder a definite upgrade from Lowrance.

aquarius

Bassjunky you can get a lowrance colour sounder for $650.
    320 by 240 pixels.
    Have a look at sounders on the lowrance web site.
    Check out the x67c.
    I bought this sounder when it first came onto the market and its performed perfectly.
    Fish arches no problem.
    You can download the demo onto your pc and practise using it for as long as you want.
    Cheers Brent

The Eagle (Lowrance in a grey box) 640C is about $750 or so... 640x480 pixels & colour.

I had a look at the new Humminbird 727. Apparently it is replacing the matrix 37! The bird has a dual beam and has the option to make it a 90 degree quad beam. Also all you have to do is buy an antenna attachment and it also becomes a gps. I might check out the lowrance too!

Bassjunky

You should fine with that 727 if you already have a hand held GPS, with the purchase of 2 cables you can connect the GPS up to the sounder to create the GPS receiver for a lot cheaper then the receiver retails for!! I did mine for like $40 cheaper then the $250+ GPS receiver... Roddy