Thread: Advice Needed

Reel_Keen

Advice Needed

Hey there fellow fishers, well i have finally done it and purchased myself a new 30 footer Kevla Cat and yes i still have the fingernail marks from the missus, what i want to know is what type of electronics to put in it, i was thinking about the Lowrance LCX 25C depth sounder and the Lowrance globalmap 3500C or the globalmap 6500C,, if anyone has any suggestions on other brands or heard anything negative on these ones please let me know, i was also considering the furuno FCV 620 depth sounder too.. anyway im sure open to suggestions and advice,, one more thing has anybody had and problems with buying O/S, you cant iqnore the prices. thanks again and happy fishin!!

Sportfish_5

Re: Advice Needed

Since you are already in the poo ---- go deep

Id go with a Furuno 585 with thru-hull 1Kw Ducer and I would probably go with an E series Raymarine for the chart plotter and radar (New Furuno is good too) and dont forget an Auto-pilot to interface in with the Raymarine. The top end Garmins might be worth a look too.

Youve gone top shelf on the boat - do the same with electronics.

Happy shopping

Greg

marlinqld

Ditto what Greg said.

You've got the goods in the boat, dont spoil it by skimping on the electronics. Go as top shelf as possible, even though that will make the missus leave you permanently scarred

And admit it Mr Keen..... you like a bit of pain.....LOL....

cheers

Mike

Reel_Keen

Thanks Greg i was looking at the Furuno 585 only though a brochure, is it the model below the 620 or better, i do like the furuno depth sounder my mate has one in his boat, and the gps how do raymarine and garmin stack up against lowrance i thought they where on par, which one would show more detail, thanks mate EB

Reel_Keen

hey mike and first let me tell you that i dont feel pain any more..lol............ mate you say go top shelf but what is top shelf?? i thought the lowrance was pretty good stuff. EB

30 foot Kevla cat and finger nail marks (down the back? )

you lucky lucky bugger

Alex

Hope ya kept a few bob aside for bait

All I want to know is how did you get the okay from the wife to buy such a great boat. Mine kicks and screams when I even mention I am considering buying a new boat and I am only in the $45k bracket.

Jealous/Pegasus