Thread: New EPIRB's - Prices??

New EPIRB's - Prices??

Hello,

I'm looking at buying one of the new 406 mhz EPIRB's. Anyone know of any good deals around?

Cheers.

Re: New EPIRB's - Prices??

i saw that BCF fishing place had $100 of them a while back in a catalogue i think it was. tried bias?

marlinqld

They vary in price widely.

Anywhere from high $300's to over $500. I think paines/wessex are the dearest. The GME are usually around $400 odd.

Mike

Look around for the Pains Wessex, they have a replacement battery deal, get 10 years for about $50 extra. If Brisbane try Wynnum Marine, Bargain Boat Bits dealers, listed for $499. The price per year kills the others. Cheers Pete.

Hi,

Try Boating and Leisure World - Gold Coast - $449 for the GME.

Got the new summer catalogue from Whitworth's in the mail yesterday and they've got GME MT400 EPIRBS (406MHz) on sale for $150 off!..normal price $549 now $399.Thinking about buying one as it's part of my ongoing project to outfit my boat better but I wanna get a centre console made up and my new sounder/gps fitted...and radio....and on...and on.......only so much money

Darren

the anolog epirbs are going to be fazed out mid next year so the manufacturs do not get smashed all at once to make so many epirbs.Pains Wessex have got a pro mo going for $499 but you get a free battery update after 5 years so the epirb will do you for a full 10 years,gme mt 406 will also jump on this if they have not already done.these epirbs do so much more then the old ones like pin point our position so close and are registered your details to the epirb (address , phone number and name )to you which in time of need is heaps better,when the old are gone the price will come down a bit but not to the price of the analog ones,thanks regards onlyme

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

"The 121.5/243 satellite service will be discontinued in February 2009" quote form qld gov web site.