Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

Nice mate. Are the Blue shows the prawns? More importantly did you get a feed? Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Nice mate. Are the Blue shows the prawns? More importantly did you get a feed? Cheers

yes ! got a bucket full,

well I assumed they were prawns as the denser blue bits near the bottom, think the other scattered dots are just crap in the water ? , I got prawns when I cast on top of them and got none when there wasn't a show anyway...

Sweet

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

simrad picture.jpg
    Simrad 1 kw

Looks like I sounded a 10 metre long prawn

Attached Images Attached Images

Some Mac's off Townsville......I think. Simrad evo2 with 1kw chirp through hull transducer. 20151124_095122.jpg

funny how macks stack up .. have seen it a number of times..

Regards
    Honda

Hey guys,

Been reading through this thread looking for some answers. I gave my Lowrance HDS Gen2 a run on the weekend and the screen was very noisy. at first I thought it might have been the motor, so I went dead in the water, and the display did not change.

It was just massive amounts of dots on the screen. I should have taken a photo but didnt. The book said to leave it all on Auto, so I have not played with the settings, other than set the transducer type.

It looked a lot like this image. I could see the bottom clearly defined, but between it and the surface looked like a TV gone static! LOL! Oh -Freshwater lake (Burrinjuck)

http://www.navnet.com/tzt2/imgs/feat...sh_tt3_ph1.jpg

Any assistance would be cool.

Cheers
    J

Thermocline.......looks wide though
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Thermocline? That's not my pic by the way - that's just something I found on the web that looks like mine.

Start by reducing your sensitivity. I run mine around 35% on my local freshwater impoundments. Sound over somewhere you know theres structure while you fiddle with it

On my gen 3 you can adjust sensitivity down manually or with an 'auto' still optioned

Thanks man! That was my plan next time we go out.

Quote Originally Posted by hardworking View Post
    Hey guys,

Been reading through this thread looking for some answers. I gave my Lowrance HDS Gen2 a run on the weekend and the screen was very noisy. at first I thought it might have been the motor, so I went dead in the water, and the display did not change.

It was just massive amounts of dots on the screen. I should have taken a photo but didnt. The book said to leave it all on Auto, so I have not played with the settings, other than set the transducer type.

It looked a lot like this image. I could see the bottom clearly defined, but between it and the surface looked like a TV gone static! LOL! Oh -Freshwater lake (Burrinjuck)

http://www.navnet.com/tzt2/imgs/feat...sh_tt3_ph1.jpg

Any assistance would be cool.

Cheers
    J
    J,
    Next time you forget the camera, the hds gen2 has a screen shot capture option.

Finally pulled a couple of screen shots off the Raymarine axiom! Was a night fish in winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Dropping jig on some spano's
    Attached Images Attached Images