Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

Quote Originally Posted by apisfish View Post
    Thanks HOnda for the response.

So I guess your saying the color setting should be adjusted (ie increased to the red )to show the lump (probabaly rock) as a redish shadow below it , thus indicating a harder object than its surroundings which were known to be sand/silt.. and the arches are just that, several objects ,unidentified till landed but at that depth and position and relative to the lump and a known species to frequent that location at that time of the year, probably squid or am I still missing the point ?

Regards Mark
    Mark,

Yes increase your colour to the red I seem to remember running mine around the 70% colour line. No you havent missed the point, the sounder has shown you what is there, however you cant really tell what they are, squid maybe??

Regards
    Hondda.

20120620_081838.jpg Hey guys was out at jacobs well this mornin, saw this sorta thing on the screen allllllll day. we noticed occasionaly there was some maybe whitebait/tiny herring. Could this be them? for some reason the pixels came up a bit funny, but mostly all day it was crystal clear image of this type of thing, some with a bit more yellow too

Ben

2bnvs1,

Yes it looks like a dense school of bait.

Regards
    HOnda.

Cool yep. I thought so and yeh when lookin in the water could see 1000's of tiny shiny fish. dropped plastic many times over and through them but not much result. although wasnt really matching the hatch so to speak. what plastic would be used to substitute a 1-2" whitebait. maybe a small blade would work

Ben

Attachment 82095

decent school Dhufish 85 meters on 585 with tm258

hi
    this is a long shot but i thought i ask
    due to the nice weather i we got out into the bay a bit last weekend try to get some whiting.
    we were on the western side of the cockle banks in 24 foot of water and getting nice/large archers on the sounder looked like sandy bottom that i can remember
    Can anyone tell me what fish would be swimming around there?

that was our fist time out that far normally stay to rivers and the bribie passage
    Barry

the archers where on the bottom

Amity point - mid tide. Bad moon phase. We could see the fish and ooccasionally one would follow a lure but no bites even on bait. Don't know what they were but big and heaps of them.

Sounder Furuno fcv 620. Manual gain.
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

No idea what they were.. Maroochy river a few months ago.

not an arch, but some wonky holes in north qld. not flowing at the moment as some flow all year and others close down during the dry, like these ones. should be a nice little spot once flowing. hole looking things to the right of the scan are wonkys.

Attachment 87567

One of three nice rocks that I'd forgotten about but found through my saved images, sweet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7646221@N02/8568460478/

Some nice macks over a rise with bait:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7646221...in/photostream

Simrad nss12 Screenshot of a seamount that peaks at 380m deep. Fish on it were blue eye trevalla. Would love to see other Simrad screenshots!
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are a lot of photos not showing up on this thread. Has anyone archived this with all graphics? (I'm assuming that if it has been done that all permissions were obtained).

some screenshots from a Lowrance HDS7 Gen2. I have posted these in another thread and forgot to post them here. getting some nice definition and arches. not too sure if I'm running on the best settings. And advice would be appreciative.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

HDS 7 touch - prawns showed up like this when I was throwing the net on the weekend, still learning how to use it but