Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

I stumbled on this thread yesterday while bored at work and its a very useful thread and a long read. Just wondering if the pictures in the first 5 pages are lost forever or whether it would be my computer because there seems to be a lot of pictures with the red cross

btw some of this info will help me understand what im playing with on my hummingbird 570

Cheers
    ryan

Hi all Great shots. Just a quick 1, I use a lowrance lcx27c and was just wondering what ping speed is the best? slow (2 pings per second) of fast (8 pings per second)
    or just leave the factory setting of 50%?
    thanks angry

Angry,

Faster ping, definately, gives you updated information quicker.

Regards
    Honda.

Anyone intepret these for me.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

It looks like a heap of weed or rubbish in the water. My guess is you were travelling slowly and had a lot of gain on. I have seen pics like this in Moreton Bay. A quick fish on it discovered heaps of sea grass wrapped around the line. Nice looking edge of channel in the first pic. were you near the shipping channels?

BeardThe first shot is a ledge at the northern end of Moreton bay. I'm just not sure if the yellow is bait or something else like weed or soft bottom.
    The second shot I think is bait on a sand bottom. again I'm not sure.
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Gday guy.
    Wondering if someone can help me with these two screenshots from my hds8.
    First one has a section in the middle of the sonar screen that in alot less defined than normal. This seems to be happening abit lately and it looks like im dropping back in resolution or somehting? and the second one has a similar thing happening on the left of the sonar screen but im wondering if anyone can tell me what im looking at? Structure on the bottom with some fish hanging off it but what about all the stuff up off the bottom? i was at anchor in the second.
    Cheers nathan.

Wall to wall kingies and jew
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

The perfect show.

Snapper all round.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

A pic from my Furuno 585

Jewies!!! and some nobs
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Nice pics heath. Note the bottom tails indicating very uneven bottom lots of cracks and crevices for fish to hide in.

Sounder shot

The result

This is my 1st real play with my Lowrance Elite 5x DSI sounder, Video is of the Tiwi Pearl at rest....at Harry Atkinson Artificial Reef...or as I call it...."The Boat Show"...as it more often then not has 20 boats sitting on it....lol

Scott,

the yellowy green is a soft type bottom, or mossy type plant on rock, I have seen something similar in the tweed river, where the water was clear enough for me to see the bottom. The red is not bait it appears to be part of the bottom structure as there doesnt seem to be any gap between the bottom and what you are looking at.

Regards
    Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanrb4 View Post
    Gday guy.
    Wondering if someone can help me with these two screenshots from my hds8.
    First one has a section in the middle of the sonar screen that in alot less defined than normal. This seems to be happening abit lately and it looks like im dropping back in resolution or somehting? and the second one has a similar thing happening on the left of the sonar screen but im wondering if anyone can tell me what im looking at? Structure on the bottom with some fish hanging off it but what about all the stuff up off the bottom? i was at anchor in the second.
    Cheers nathan.
    Nathan,

image one, in the centre of the image, looks like you were moving or came to a stop. the same occurs in image two, at the start of the image it looks like you were moving and came to a stop or slowed down. you can seee the colour block from the top of the screen to the bottom, that is what tells me were moving. Update 4 for the HDS is supposed to address this issue, although hasnt done much for my unit which shows exactly the same problem.

Image two, after moving (left hand side) looks like you may have come across a bait school, quite dense on the right had 3rd of the image, there is a lot of garbage in the top 20% of the image, you might be able to address that by turning the surface clutter filter on, start at low and see if it helps. looks like there might be couple of bigger fish above the bait school, the wavey yellow lines.

looks like you may have the colourline up a bit too high. image two, on the bottom is a nice lumpy bottom, it probly should be a little more defined, if you reduce the colourline you will get better definition.

Regards
    Honda