Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

Jabba,

I have a HDS8 as well, as others have said the sensitivity on the units is very touchy, if your not sure what you are seeing you can change the display colour back to black and white, have a look at what you are seeing and then change to colour again.

Or change the colour scheme to 1, which is the standard lowrance colours and use that as your base, as there are quite a few images in this section showing that colour scheme.

as a starting point leave the unit in auto mode, until you gain a little confidence, then range and sensitivity will be your friend.

Regards
    Honda.

Wow this site is awesome keep up the great work ,ive read nearly all of it and i cant seem to find any info on a humminbird 383 c any info settings on this sounder would be great ,pictures even better .
    cheers Rob

anyone able to successfully pickup reds on their raymarine units like ds500x or ds600x or anything similar, I can find reds but its so hard to descriminate the reds from the bottom. usually its a big hunk of red.

Thanks iank

They are great shots of fish ID's on your sounder. I appreciate the time you put into it, a long with the explanations.

Michael

Hey Guys,

Can someone please let me know why when I take a photo of my sounder it has this black strip in the middle of it?

Is it a setting on my camera or just the sounder?

Cheers

Pazz

Port Phillip Bay Snapper in the 2.5-3kg class

From this note unit is in basic "Auto" mode

To plenty of this

Crank it up in manual mode and a whole new world appears
    Gotta luv the FVC 585's

Regards Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Can someone please let me know why when I take a photo of my sounder it has this black strip in the middle of it?

Is it a setting on my camera or just the sounder?

Cheers

Pazz

Pazz,

if you have a crt monitor or CRT tv when you take a photo you will see stripes as well, it is just the refresh rate of the monitor, Your unit has a low refresh rate, hence the big stripe.

Regards
    Honda.

Hey Honda,

Thanks for that. Makes sense.

Just means I can't post any photos on here.

Pazz

Hey guys,

This a sounder reading of the bait we found on the 50s while live baiting for marlin,

Those 2 arches are marlin holding above the bait, and in the other shot you can see the bait separated as the marlin move through them,

If you look at the screen we are in 80m of water and the bait is 30m thick, now look at how big those arches are in relation to the scale. BIG FISH.

The result were 4 hook ups on marlin, and 1 huge wahoo all on live slimy mackerel.

fishfreak01.

Here are some screenshots of fish we marked when we we were livebaiting for billfish around the Mooloolaba 10 mile.

Here's an amazing bait school on my Navnet.

The mark is a widely known bait ground off Moreton Island.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Sounder Reading - The Tiwi Pearl - HDS

Recording of the Tiwi Pearl, looks like we got the right drift, along the length of the boat.

REgards
    Honda.

nice shot Honda...have you fished it...

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Yep, gave it a test drive while we were there,

4 species,

Red bigeye,
    tailor,
    squire
    sweetlip

The new arti is working, the fish were keen to play, just all undersize but there are plenty there.

Regards
    HOnda

Thats sweet - good when more is added too

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing