Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

Interesting
    Water looks a little cold in the last shot -10?
    I'm not sure what the side image is telling me. Might be right up the alley for bass boats on flat water, wonder how they will go if there is any swell. Also not sure about all the noise at the top?

Here some pics from my new FCV620.Been a few times still working it out so dont know if they are fish or not..O and the posts before about Furuno having good arches might answer some questions..

more pics from fcv620

more from first time fcv620

Any comments from all you Furuno FCV 620 users.....

Quote Originally Posted by stewy View Post
    Any comments from all you Furuno FCV 620 users.....
    Thanks for the photo's Stewy. I am 99% sure i will buy one next week so the photo's are great to see. Can you do a run out to 80m for me so i can see those photo's .

Looks good.

Cheers
    Scott

here ya go scott, went over this at 22knots on the hards in 67m getting close to 80m

Skipalong, what sounder? thanks leigh

leigh, mate is a furuno 585 with thru hull trans.

justin

Thanks Justin- looks good mate.

Cheers
    Scott

Great thread guys.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Re those 620 images... well yep you defintely have fish showing on those. Remember that just because there are no arches, it doesn't mean there are no fish. In fact, it is rare to get arches showing, particularly in shallow water as fish tend to stay away from the center of the sounder beam because the boat is closer to them and they get a little more spooked. Take bream or squire for example... in shallower water they will often show as continuous stacked lines on top of each other... that is they are remaining within the beam for some time and showing a line rather than an arch. I'll have to take some piccies of my sounder screen one day to illustrate.. Anyway you only get full arches if the fish travel right through the middle of the beam and then exit it just as quickly as they came. I would rather see flattened continuous lines on my sounder than the occassional arch because the continuous line reading means the fish are sticking close to the boat

Here are some that are saved onto a SD card in snapshot mode of the humminbird i loaded to the computer coming up to a favourite rubble patch we like to fish

Bit to show there
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Nice example of predators sitting on the edge of some bait balls

I just got a HDS 8, and I am having difficulties setting it up and reading the sounder... My old sounder was a LCX15 black and white, and I could read/understand it so much easier..

Maybe the colour is putting me off, but it feels like I am starting at the begining over again, and everything I learnt with my old sounder is now useless....
    My question is, what is the best way to set up these HDS units to get the best detail and clear images..