Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

here is a few more Spanish in bit deaper water

Hey guys, tried taking a photo of the sounder on Saturday night and the photo wouldn't turn out. I'm not sure if it is the lense on the sounder or something or because the bottom is moving on the sounder.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same type of problem with a Koden CVS 106?

Pazz

Pazz, can you post a pic of what you have taken, that did not work out

Daz

Blue eye fishing

Hey snelly

Mate are you running that in bottom lock ( looks like it ) great shots BTW!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    Hey snelly

Mate are you running that in bottom lock ( looks like it ) great shots BTW!

Ian
    Secret....shhhhhhhh

LOl.....Mick

Ps....Just outside those spikes I found a peak that is 170 fathom high down to 450 fathom...

New Lowrance HDS.

I am still trying to understand the different bottom signals. The yellow on the bottom in the middle of the second photo is something different again.

Scott
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by snelly1971 View Post
    Blue eye fishing
    EXCELLENT PICTURES MATE, what are your clutter tvg scroll speed and transducer output settings I fish similar depths with m258 ducer and my resolution is not as horn a that..good stuff (apologies for so many questions)

Quote Originally Posted by siegfried View Post
    EXCELLENT PICTURES MATE, what are your clutter tvg scroll speed and transducer output settings I fish similar depths with m258 ducer and my resolution is not as horn a that..good stuff (apologies for so many questions)
    I will check them and post them up..

Cheers Mick

Some of my sounder reading while fishing of townsville. We caught a heap of job fish, nannys and chinaman.

Thanks all Great post. Now if you could only help out with my bloody GPS!

Thanks again

Awsome photos

just going thru a few sounder pics and just noticed that local guy is banned, WTF happened??? he was good on sounder readings

Daz

Great pics there Whoopy

Quote Originally Posted by SgBFish View Post
    New Lowrance HDS.

I am still trying to understand the different bottom signals. The yellow on the bottom in the middle of the second photo is something different again.

Scott

Scott,

I was looking at your pictures and tried something on the simulator, what I was looking for is how does the colour affect youre view of the structure. So, I set the simulator up to play a file I had recorded so I had a known reference ( I know that the bottom is rock).

It was interesting to seed the diffences and how they applied to the data, the pictures are of the same spot in the recording. So by playing with the colour selection you may be able to see the differences and by changing the colour you may be able to make your own judgments better.

You can see in the third picture quite easily that the yellow bottom structure is rock because the yellow band is reasonably thick indicating a hard bottom, it is much harder to see in the other colours.

Regards
    HOnda