Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

This is a reading of a little bommie we came across off Burrum. It was loaded with Tea-Leaf Trevally, Nannygai and Squire as well as a couple of unstoppables. I think it is reefy coral as the bottom doesn't seem to be too much harder than the surrounding area. We marked a lot of bait schools in the general vicinty as well and caught fish a fair way from any structure.

Cheers benny

this is a spot we get silvers and reds, did well again saturday arvo ann sunday morning

Wahoo mate did you know that if I right click on your pic and then click properties it gives the coordinates of that sounder pic.....

Was out Saturday also and got squat so I know that spot is nowhere near where I was, that pic is interesting I would probably zoom right over the top of it and keep going. Would need to stumble across it on a drift or slow sound around.

Oh and BTW that sounder is doing a fantastic job.
    Well done and was it shady

cheers fnq

What's there to attract them ,Daz??
    Looks just like flat bottom...

Were you drifting when you took the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Wahoo mate did you know that if I right click on your pic and then click properties it gives the coordinates of that sounder pic.....

Was out Saturday also and got squat so I know that spot is nowhere near where I was, that pic is interesting I would probably zoom right over the top of it and keep going. Would need to stumble across it on a drift or slow sound around.

Oh and BTW that sounder is doing a fantastic job.
    Well done and was it shady

cheers fnq
    thats alright Scott, thats one of quite a few i have, canopy works a treat, thou pulling in the fish still filled the sunnies with sweet, damn hot saturday arvo

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    What's there to attract them ,Daz??
    Looks just like flat bottom...

Were you drifting when you took the photo?
    hi ya Scott, how did you go?
    bottom has a slight rubble stucture, not much thou, no not drifting, had the plow out

Daz

Daz

Where are you fishing for that depth of water to be pulling reds and big mouth?

I usually fish 60m to get stuff like that.

Pazz

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    Daz

Where are you fishing for that depth of water to be pulling reds and big mouth?

I usually fish 60m to get stuff like that.

Pazz

hi Pazz, just north west of Pixe, few weeks ago we were north of batt, 10m water and pulling up thumper reds and silvers, very strange

Daz

We went OK fish wise,Daz..got 17 or 18 fish, no standouts and only blacks no silvers or reds,though(like usual)..the deckie was happy with his share but it was a frustrating day due to the big tides and I couldnt try fishing the deeper water...though as Pazz mentioned ....I've not encountered large mouths in 30 meters before either...

Also I get sounder pictures like the post above your original one...with the fish as blobs not a series of horrizontal lines like that...what settings are you using???

I bet you it was strange, i've never heard of that.

I thought they would have dropped off a bit with the increase in water temp. What did you end up with?

Pazz

We went OK fish wise,Daz..got 17 or 18 fish, no standouts and only blacks no silvers or reds,though(like usual)..the deckie was happy with his share but it was a frustrating day due to the big tides and I couldnt try fishing the deeper water...though as Pazz mentioned ....I've not encountered large mouths in 30 meters before either...

Also I get sounder pictures like the post above your original one...with the fish as blobs not a series of horrizontal lines like that...what settings are you using???
    Scott you did well, thats a good feed
    settings, i only got it right in the last few trips thanks to a few guys on this forum, mate i havnt fished in waters over 40m for a long time, i think i put a pic up in fnq,s thread a few weeks back, bagged out with silvers in two hours, that was only in 25 - 30 m water

Daz

Don't suppose you want to share any of those marks? Ha

I fish that depth for my trout, and we've been getting pretty close to the bag limit on the last few trips, but sharks have been giving us a touch up.

Maybe I'll have to paint my boat black or something....seems to attract the Reds in any depth...you make it sound too easy mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    I bet you it was strange, i've never heard of that.

I thought they would have dropped off a bit with the increase in water temp. What did you end up with?

Pazz
    Pazz, 7 reds over the 10kg, not quite bagged out with the silvers with 4 of us on board, 3 very large cat fish ( placed back), biggest bull ray i have ever seen, had to cut the line for him, and on another spot close by, nothing but blacks (small mouth)
    thrown all back and moved, few sharks hung around but not one bite off

Daz

Maybe I'll have to paint my boat black or something....seems to attract the Reds in any depth...you make it sound too easy mate..
    Yes, definately makes it sound too easy.

I'd much rather go out in 30 metres of water and pull reds and big mouth, then pull them out of 67m with 3 droppers on it to just get to the bottom.

I am very envious.

Mate of my brothers went out on wednesday night and they only got 5. They went around pixie too.