Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

Smithy here on Russ' login again.

600W transom mount JRC Plot 500F at idle on the shelf with 100% gain on low frequency just pinging 450m. #$%@^Interference is from another game boat coming past.

RB

Cooktown
    Far North Queensland

Smithy here again.

A NQ wreck show.

And one in shallower water with mid water fish.

RB

Cooktown
    Far North Queensland

hi all,

question for you guys. does it matter at what speed you are going?

what i mean is, do the fish seem bigger if you are going faster or slower?

thanks

I just read the entire thread and have to say thanks to the people who have contributed so far. From what I gather, the faster you go the less accurate and less detail you will get in your results. Maintaining a nice slow pace while checking out a structure or possible school should yield the best results.

As far as arches seeming bigger with speed, i have no answer for you sorry. Anyone else care to help?

I will get some photos of my eagle 480 fishelite when I get out next.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

marlinqld

I found better readings at slow speed sor while drifting. My liyttle Garmin sounder this morning just inside the South passage bar off Amity Point

marlinqld

And another..excuse my arm's reflection in the soinder screen...makes for a lousy pic

marlinqld

Last one

some bait out in 40 fathoms getting harrased.

this is what i pulled off

a_big_red_1

well i had a chance to take a pic yesterday, this is a large school of yellow tail or fuez-a-lard # sorry about the spelling
    we try to fish these spots as alot of trout feed of these guys, had a good day

Lots to be learnt on this thread.

Having spent the extra $$$ for my furuno 600L a couple of years ago and now just upgraded to the new FCV 620 its good to see the images of different units side by side.

Very happy with the 620 so far after one small trip but still in need of a few more trips to be really get sorted with it.

Cheers Mark

Hi All ....... Do you run a high chart speed & a high ping rate for better results ?

I run both a X136 & LMS 337 ..... Played around a little with the 337 last night & got some great etchings (Had no idea what I was looking at ...... round balls in mid water .... 4M depth NAGG

Just thought I'd post a shot of my old X85. Somerset bass from 2004. Also a pic of the fish that came from the show.

Great shots guys