Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

stewywrx

Re: Sounder Reading

my x107

stewywrx

my x107

stewywrx

my x107

stewywrx

From the three photo's,i'm not sure if they are fish or not. can any one help please..

Raymarine DS600X

Glenn_Woods

Hi Fellars. A new person to this site as a member, but have followed your discusions regularly. This is by far the best thread i have ever read and is very relevant to my situation. I have a Garmin 172c chart plotter and a Garmin FF250 b&w. I have allways ran the fish finder in auto and after reading your stories, i am now aware i should be more hands on and tweaking the dials. I have looked for the sensitivity link but can not see one. This function is posibbly under a different heading. I am hesitant on tweaking too much in case i upset the hole lot and cant get back. If any one out there own's a Garmin 250 fish finder, could you please give me some direction for proper manual set up.

Cheers and tight lines. #Woodsy (Gladstone QLD)

Try looking for gain. Same thing as sensativity.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

On the Garmin's you can increase or decrease from the auto setting e.g. +5 to -5

Glenn_Woods

Thanks Davo. The weather looks like it might be okay to get the old man out for a fish this weekend, so i'll give it a tweak while im out there.

Woodsy

I Love coming back to this thread!

And thanks for the interpretations of each pic (for those who do).
    The pic on it's own is interesting but the explanations of what we are seeing is invaluable!

If more of the lower end models can be shown would be great!
    I am sure many of us do not have the top end gear and deciphering the monochrome would be a common event for most.

Keep up the great work!
    When I sort out mine I will surely contribute and attempt an expanation (even if it is wrong lol)
    You say fish, I say yes please.

Steve_B

This is from my Matrix 77c at somerset dam about may 2005. Got 80 odd bass in a session. I love seeing good pics of everyones readings from both fresh and salt with different sounders. Just goes the brand of sounder isn't really important. The QUALITY of sounder is what counts.

a_big_red_1

well i have learnt quite a bit on this topic, thanx to all,
    but when i go out i seem to forget a few tips,
    might have to print a few pages and take them out with me

keep up the good work

Daz

Went out with the mate to try out his new Humminbird 787c2. Check these out.

Second pic.

Third pic.