Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounder Reading

Re: Sounder Reading

Err sorry Dan NO...

All you need to do is turn off the fish symbols. Displaying fish is just a warm fuzzy feeling, a marketing gimmick by the manufacturers. Turn it off and keep it off.

Sorry mate, but if you want a better one and your wife is reading this then ..... YES YES

Cheers,
    Tony #
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Got a couple of screen shot of the new furuno fvc 620. these fish are nannygai and red emperor sitting very close to the bottom. very impressed with this unit first time out.

White background.

Heres a photo of my sounder out at Shallow Tempest. It's a Lowrance LMS337

What were the big fish that was harrassing the bait school.
    Ian

snapper/squirey snapper and a few wrasse. Well, thats what we pulled up from that show anyway lol.

stalker

I've a lowerance 332 and learning how 2 drive it as iv'e never had a sounder before. looking at yours VOLCANO should i zoom in more like you did aka 4x. Any advice would help. ...Paul...

JRC Plot 500F off Rainbow.

Normal sorts of fishing depths.

Shallow.

Just outside Scarborough when it was blowing 25 knots hence the ripples on the bottom and the clutter which is probably just from wave action.

Pearlies on a 585 Furuno sitting way up off the bottom.

Bass sitting on the bottom at BP Dam on a Zercom LPG2000. #$%@^Awesome B&W units.

X65 Lowrance on some bait. #$%@^A few Sails came off this show.

X-19C on some bait. #$%@^One Sail and a million Tuna both Longtails and Macks came off this bait.

Wish I took a picture of Mick's Mountain on a 3kW Furuno. 200 Fathom seamount (actually looks like a volcano with a core) up from 800 fathoms.

here is a pic i took last time i was out at my fav snapper/squire spot in the bay. This shot shows all sorts of fish, both bait and some larger fish holding around about 1M above the bottom.

the bottom is rubble, with spots of coral and wire weed in between.

on this particular day, the bigger ones weren't biting >, i only pulled a large squid and a squire going at 11cm's long

i just love the way you blotted out the gps marks F4L
    BRETT