Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MISSION POINT 19 OCTOBER

MISSION POINT 19 OCTOBER

Hi Guys,

Only 14 more sleeps until the next Ausfish M&G trip.

Me and Dom haven't been here before so for starters we'll bring along a gas stove, table, 20lt fresh water plus our normal gamping gear.

Just the 2 of us coming in the Deficator.

Big_Kev

Re: MISSION POINT 19 OCTOBER

I also have not been before .
    Can anyone tell me what the anchorage is like and how deep or will a tinny be required to beach it overnight,and to go fishing in?
    Thanks Reel Hard .

gruntahunter

Hi reel hard .Mate anchorage is sandy bottom and is quite steep into deep water so any size vessel is fine.It gets a bit shallow at low tide going out from Donnybrook but keep up on the plane and you got no worries. The channels are all marked really well .
    The camp sites are pretty level and there is a toilet there. There is a natioal park charge of $5.00/ person which is to be paid in the appropiate box.
    As for the fishing spots a tinny is obviously better if u want to get right up into the creeks but the mouths are all deep water.
    Hope this helps.
    Oh you can have a fire going by the way so I will be taking fire-wood for cooking and boiling the crabs.

gruntahunter

Sam there will be 4 in the gruntahunta boat and i also will take fresh water. firewood and barbie plate, crab cooking pot AND rid,dettol,babyoil mixture.......don't forget it.....be warned!

gruntahunter

Hey guys if you are after worms for this weekend I suggest you book them.This bloke is really helpful and has never let me down.It's near the Caltex servo.

TACKLE SHOP THE
    1754 Gympie Rd (07) 3862 9015
    OR... (07) 3263 4321
    Fax (07) 3862 8388

Big_Kev

Thanks for the advice Grunta .
    Count me in.
    I will be solo so have room for one more .
    I will bring a bag of wood for the fire and may be able to get there on the friday arvo hopefully .
    I can bring a gas lantern for some light to watch the dancing by , cant wait to see this show .
    Regards Reel Hard

hey guys
    is it worth bringing the surf rod and alvey, and maybe some pillies (the mushy ones ) ?

cheers jack

gruntahunter

No mate, surf is way way yonder (unless u can cast about 20k's) unless u want to throw it off the bank at night into the main channel and try for a jewie or 2.

yeah might as well it is two piece,
    Is that all you can get in the channel or are there other fish that will take a pillie?
    cheers

Anyone without a boat that wants to go & can get Friday off let me know I now have a spare seat Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

Hi Guys

I camped there on Friday Nite. Went up there to party with Col (Fisher Boats) it was his B'day.
    Got a feed of crabs. I found the northern end was best, a bit muddy in front of the toilets a low tide.
    A few schools of tailor were incounted south

gruntahunter

Hey michael,where did u get the crabs mate and ur right the nortern end is much better as it is steeper back into the water with sand not mud and rocks

Hi Gruntahunta

around the mouth of glassy in the deeper water. the tailor were south of Yellow X out from donnybrook near the Shoal marker sign. Also there were heaps of greasy prawns jumpin. I will take my net next time

the best thing was no noisy jetski's. I usually do the pin area & u cant swing a cat without hitting one

Was wondering what the tide time difference is from bribe bridge to mission point. fellas
    regards

gruntahunter

mission point is near Donnybrook so look for the tides there but the passage is funny this far up and further as the tides come and go from both directions.