Thread: Wello on Sunday

aquarius

Wello on Sunday

Hi folks.......heading out to hunt grassies around Wello on Sunday morning......should be some good ones in the shallows now that the water has warmed up.
    Will be fishing in a mates small fibreglass boat.
    Cheers Brent

Re: Wello on Sunday

brent - have you had much luck there during the day? I've only been able to get them at night, although havent fished there yet this season.

aquarius

Hi Sharkbait.....Usually do ok there during daylight hours on a hot summers day.......just need to be quiet and hope no boats rip past us....Tide and wind all the same direction till high at midday.
    Fresh bottle squid and no sinker and do up that drag tight.....give them and inch and its all over in a split second.
    Im using 20 lb braid with a 20 lb vanish trace.
    If all goes well hopefully grassies on the dinner plate Sunday night.
    Might chuck out some crab pots in the deeper water while fishing the shallows.
    Will post some pics tommorrow if we have some luck.
    Cheers Brent
    ps......will also try for a mac with floating pillies on the edge of the reef.....caught the odd one every so often.
    That place has so many surprises and its only 5 minutes from the boat ramp!!

yeah brent you have galvanised me into action, i havent taken been out in a few weeks now so ill be down there tommorrow as well. although i'll be on the water about 3am. I normally start just south of the leads and work my way down towards ormiston. I'm in a seajay tinnie / 40hp yammie so if you see me give a yell.

kris.

aquarius

Ok Kris will be there around 5 ish.......heading the same way........green and white cox craft with 30 merc.
    mobile 0414380842 C U ON THE WATER.
    Cheers Brent

ok see you there.

kris.

Well o wasnt it a shit morning ???

aquarius

Well O it wasn't a good morning at all Rob.......Wind and showers so we drove straight home again........Next time we will get im......there's always a next time.
    Cheers Brent

yep got there at 3 and wondered what happened to 'light variable winds', solid 18 - 20 knot northerly. maybe next time.