Thread: John Palermo Charter??

John Palermo Charter??

I am considering going for a trip on John Palermo's boat "Prime Mover" in June. Has anyone been out with them before and how did you find it? All you experienced Bay fisho's - what sort of fish could you expect in June?

Re: John Palermo Charter??

John fishes offshore out of Manly. I have never been out with him but I see him out there regularly and hear him on the radio. Sounds like he does pretty well with the fish. June is usually a pretty good time to be offshore. Hopefully the Snapper will be on the chew by then.

had a mate that went out with him and they only got 2 x 35 cm squire
    all day
    he thought it was the biggest waste of money ever
    but hey thats fishing

hey
    for 70 you can fish with me any time
    "whats the time"

Nothing personal, but I agree with vertico.

I went on a ' special' mates trip with him. arvo / evening.

took home.......................experience ! >

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

when you add up what it costs to fish out there in your own boat taking home no fish on a charter isnt bad value have seen jons boat pull plenty of fish, they might of had customers who could catch fish that day 8)

Sportfish_5

lol OUCH ! #

Thanks guys!
    I like to think imho that I'm a reasonably good fisherman but in the end it will depend on the day...if I just went fishing to catch fish I would have given up a long time ago ! I just hope the weather is good or I'll be No.1 berley operator

Hey Blue,

We are supposed to be organising a corp day with John in the near future.
    Will let you know how we go.

Tend to agree with Rob's comments on experienced fisho's on a charter trip.
    Have fished alongside 20 odd other fisho's on Mooloolaba charters in the past, I caught over 50 fish in a day and the boats total was 72.
    Same on a Noosa Bluewater charter, I caught 3 Trout, and roughly 30 other species all keepers and the boats total was 40.

Charter boats catch rate has a lot to do with who is doing the fishing...

John Palermo has one of the best personal records in these waters and snapper catches rival our own "Snappa" lol.

Good luck if you go before we do, I will be looking forward to a report.

Cheers,
    Rich.

Blue,

I was on the same trip with young Philleepe.

I think it was fair to say there was a wealth of experienced fisherman on that boat - in particular snapper fishermen. Even Palermo himself tried to get in on the act.

Supposedly we had the right time of year, right moon, right time of day/night, right spots, right everything - but the fish didn't know it.

Charters are a lottery - if you go often enough you'll strike a good one.

Bugman

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Been fishing on and off with John for some twenty years, privately and on his boat Prime Mover.

He can catch fish in a bucket of water and the most brilliant fisherman I have known.

John knows the offshore areas like the back of his hand and if you don't get any on a trip with him, trust me, they ain't there!

He is also a rarity as he chases the fish all over the place to satisfy his customers.

As about one in four fishing trips are usually very successful, every charter operator will always have crappy days.

Highly recommend him!

Pink Panther, I think you will find that you are responding to a nine year old thread. Also John retired a year ago
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Pink Panther, I think you will find that you are responding to a nine year old thread. Also John retired a year ago
    Hahahaha.

As a pro deckie, I have to constantly remind the punters it is called FISHING not CATCHING.

Some days, I catch 90% of the fish because the punters are either too inexperienced, think they know better than me or are too drunk to do the job. The skipper works his arse off to get them a good feed because his business is based solely on reputation and WOM. A lot of the customers are repeat customers every year because they know we go the extra mile to give them a great day out.

Whilst we always go out with the intention of bringing back a full box, the fish are not always amicable.

John was and still is a local legend - I hope he is enjoying his retirement.

Ben.