Thread: broadwater & seaway in my tinney

broadwater & seaway in my tinney

gday all
    I am heading to the coast for the weekend. i hope to fish the seaway and the broadwater.

i hope to get out (if it is flat as a tack) and get some live bait to try in the seaway.
    does anybody know where to get any slimeys near the seaway.
    any way if you see a bloke bobbing up and down in a small tinney with a 25 evinrude on the back come have a beer.

cheers, anyfish

Re: broadwater & seaway in my tinney

You will often the charter boats jigging their livies about 2 km E-SE of the seaway in about 20m. Otherwise, try the Scottish Prince, which is an old wreck about 3 km South of the seaway in 10 m. GPS marks for the SP are widely available on any web site which contains lists of GPS marks.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

thanks mate
    looks like i might have to watch the charter boats.

adriancorrea

Hi all
    Anyone got the name of some web sites with GPS marks?

Tight Lines
    Adrian

keen_as_mustard

I was fishing the Narrowneck reef a few weeks ago when it was flat and pulled up a few yakkas - wasn't even targetting them. I could see heaps swimming under the boat.

Hope this info isn't too late!

Marty

If you want some general GPS marks for the Gold Coast then go to www.thefisherman.com.au, Then go to the Information link and the GPS link will appear. You will be able to get bait reefs and wrecks of the Gold Coast Seaway.

Hope this is any help boys,

Remember the bait reefs are not far (2-3km south-east off seaway) and a 10ft tinny could get there in 3 meter swell, so get out there and get amongst them.

All the best on the weekend, You might see me heading out Saturday morning, heading to the 36's east of seaway. Wave me down,

Goodluck
    "Reef Hustler" - Seafarer Victory 6.0m & 225hp Honda

Dominic,

Couple of questions for you:

how far a run is it out to the 36's?
    What size rig do you fish from?

Are the 18 - 24's still worth the effort (during the day) or is it true what i have heard of the gold coast "desert" ???

Looking at options for Saturday also - was thinking currimundi and murphies off mooloolaba but really getting sick of the drive up from the southside. Can usually get a feed up there though.

cheers, Kris.

24s east has had a decent run of snapper but usuall spots are not firing as well as expected this year. gotta get out early or else go jig deeper reefs. light weight, fresh baits and bitta burley and should get a feed. in not try fishing just behind surf or closer to shore if blowing strong westerlies as heaps whiting lately or with strong south easterlies seaway walls and even shallows above timbers and wave break produced some tailor, trevally and queenfish couple weeks ago. lotsa bream and good lizards inside. always an option but gold coast can be a desert once all the traffic starts.