Thread: Aussie daybreak S/P attack Vic PT? anyone...

Aussie daybreak S/P attack Vic PT? anyone...

I am going to have a flick around at Victoria Pt (Pt Halloran possibly) on Thursday am early and fish till turn of the tide.
    Anyone interested in coming along let me know. Newcomer to S/P fishing and just out for a fun morning to see how I go.

4X4Frog....Chris

Re: Aussie daybreak S/P attack Vic PT? anyone...

>.............
    Mixed emotions.
    Arrived at Pt O'halloran at daybreak. Rigged up and cast into a stiff se/ne breeze of about 10knots I guess. Had a few casts and not a thing, moved a few metres and still nothing.
    Back to the car, off to another spot.
    Cast, retrived 3 or 4 times; nothing; cast again....mmm bunch of grapes. Not the line as it is fairly new, retrieve, remove grapes cast again, retrieve, cast, more grapes >...checked the reel and the spool isn't recipricating...that isn't good. I decided to pull the reel down quickly to have alook and the level wind gear is in 3 pieces and that is definatly not how it should be.
    Packed up and home by just after 7am.
    Better luck next time.
    I now have to locate some Quantum parts somewhere on the globe. Emailled Quantum and hopefully that will bear some fruit.
    Chris

so it was a bit windy out there?

Yes it was.
    I was casting light weight jigheads, it hink I went up to 5gr may-be the next size up and having a little trouble getting any real distance at first. Large archs was all I acheived
    Kind of reminded me of what sailing on Lake Cootharaba was like midafternoon, light chop and a stiff breeze, to much for the early morning start.