Thread: help fishing!!

lachlan_judd

help fishing!!

I am 15 adn a newie to ausfish.

i was wondering if anyone lives aound the gippsland lakes area. We just moved here and i have not done much saltwater fishing. I have fished for trout for years but need a few tips and advice on how to catch some other species eg bream, snapper, flathead and salmon.

Re:  help fishing!!

mate you need to have a troll through the saltwater section , i think you'll find what your looking for there

best of luck

cheers
    jason
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

lachlan_judd

what sort of lures should i troll with and at what speeds?

i mean't you need to have a look through the saltwater section mate , sorry for the confusion.

jason

Stu

Hey Jason,
    Love your web site. Its an inspiration for us web challenged anglers.
    Great pics.
    Cheers
    Stu

thanks stu , it's work in progress . i'm still learning the how to's (and making plenty of mistakes) along the way .

just gotta put some fish pics up now

jason

ps- fusher , did you find the info you were after?

Hey Jas just checked out your website its a bloody good show mate need to get brejen to put the mistress in a site too keep up the good work
    cheers Terry
    Cheers Tezza

Hey fusher...don't worry about the off topic replies (afterall, they're Queenslanders )

Gippsland lakes and Lakes Entrance bring back fond memories from when I used to go fishing there with my dad 40yrs ago when I was a young fella...we spent many family holidays down that way...there are a number of good land based fishing spots.

Kalimna Jetty fishes very well for large silver bream and flatties. The shell grit beaches at Nungerna and Metung fish well for Bream too. Prawn was the dominant bait on a running sinker rig...and there are other spot too I just cant remember...

If you have a boat there are plenty of prawns to be had at night on the outgoing tide in season. We used to find a good running channel, anchor up, spotlight and scoop net them as they went past.

and there has to be some good banks to fish on the dropping tide with Soft plastics for flathead and bream. We never had a boat there but we would always see people anchored up on what looked to be dropoffs and ledges.

A little further east is Bemm River and Syndenham inlet. The beach at Pearl Point (about 10 klm through Bemm River village) fishes well for Salmon and Tailor in season. There have been some snodger Brown Trout taken in the upper reaches of the Bemm, in fact most of the river systems in Gippsland fish well for both Rainbow and Brown trout.

I'm sure some well framed questions to a local tackle shop would begin to point you in the right direction

all the best

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel