Thread: new to the gong

new to the gong

Can any one tell me where to catch also what fish i will catch around shellharbour,basspoint,wingdang, I have a boat but also lov beach and rock fishing.
    All info will be great.

Re: new to the gong

Your in a pretty nice spot there mate. I lived at Mt Saint Thomas for a few years, and in town on Corrimal Street for about 4. Loved the place immensly!

In regards to the fishing, there are a few little islands just off shore from Port Kembla. If you treat these similar to everything you read about Mud Island, you will do well. There are a lot of good sized Snapper around there. You should also get Kingies, Tailor, Silver Trevally, Bream and all the other standards. Around the rocks you should find Bream, Jewies, Drummer, Tailor, etc, etc.

Do a bit of a search through here on Wollongong, Gong, etc and see what you can find. There's been a few good posts with screen shots of GPS charts, etc.

Best of luck with your fishing there mate.

Dan

thanks Dan I will try the islands asap

Wait til after a big bit of seas and try the rock shelves along the coast to the north of w'gong for drummer and the occasional groper. Return the groper if you can land it.

keep the info comin thanks shayned

i live in balgownie and just bought one of those sweeeet coxcraft rumrunners im itchin to get out offshore but need some tips on bait and lures for around the five islands we plan to go off port kembla and wollongong. any ideas PM me

p.s 2 back up what shayned said i use to fish with my skipper of wollongong harbour breakwater awesome yellow tail,flat head,bream, leather jacket some times and squid we once caught a nice 70 cm blue groper

f1sh_boy

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Dan
    Your in a pretty nice spot there mate. I lived at Mt Saint Thomas for a few years, and in town on Corrimal Street for about 4. Loved the place immensly!

In regards to the fishing, there are a few little islands just off shore from Port Kembla. If you treat these similar to everything you read about Mud Island, you will do well. There are a lot of good sized Snapper around there. #You should also get Kingies, Tailor, Silver Trevally, Bream and all the other standards. Around the rocks you should find Bream, Jewies, Drummer, Tailor, etc, etc.

Do a bit of a search through here on Wollongong, Gong, etc and see what you can find. There's been a few good posts with screen shots of GPS charts, etc.

Best of luck with your fishing there mate.

Dan
    hey i once went fishing with my dads m8 craig he was the vice presedent of wollongong fishing club the best boat and fishermen! he owned a sailfish catermarang like the ones at the boat show we caught plenty of nice king fish and a hammer head shark (pics below ) are you talking about the five islands like tooth brush and pig island e.t.c?