Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Tassie Bluefin

Re: Tassie Bluefin

Hi Mick
    Nice to see ya back on line. The post have been a bit slow of late (like the fishin). Booked on a charter 29th of April out of st helens, so I hope they are on the bite. Been a bit quite on the local scene though. Caught a couple of nice flatties though. Had a couple of trips out to the petrels after snapper but no luck, bit late now I think Mick.
    cheers
    blaze

Ausfish Addict

Hi Mick n Blaze
    Fishing hasnt been too bad in between wind and rain, have a thunderstorm at this very momement. 6.30am. Well uni has started again so between study and work time is tight specially on my days off
    cheers
    joe

Gday joe rob and Brian

well last weekend happened to get out for a bit of a fish off a place called balgowan and mind you it wasnt a very pleasant trip as it is costing me 100 bucks in gelcoat repairs cos the guys i had i got 1 back the boat down the ramp and the other to get the boat unhooked and ready to luanch well the guy who backed the boat in didnt put in far enuff and then the guy before i could say to the driver back in more the boat was sailing into the water hitting the concrete ramp and placed a nice chunk of gelcoat off the back of my rig....

Anyway after all this comotion we set out to our fishing spot well we had some great luck some monster kidney slapers (king george whiting) ranging from 38-55cm and about a dozen leather jacket and couple of good size sweep

anyway whats the fishing like for you guys??

Whats happened to brian i havent seen him post for awhile

anyway cheers
    Mick

Hi Mick
    Things have been a bit quite, went out sat with a little spin stick off the beach chasing what ever (with a variey of lures) and could not even catch a what ever, went across to the stanley wharf and the water looked dead. ganna have to put the boat in soon to get a feed. Only 14 more sleeps to the st helens charter, from latest reports things are still fishin well down there.
    cheers
    blaze

Ausfish Addict

Hi guys
    I havent been out in a while, uni has started plus work commitments, my bro has been doing okay up mooloolaba, photos in the next week or two.
    cheers
    joe.

Ausfish Addict

Hi guys, the latest photos from mooloolaba are up a couple of small tuna for those that are interested, more to come when they are developed
    cheers
    joe

http://members.optushome.com.au/burn...es/photo5.html

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    Hi Brain & Mick
    I have a 4.1 pride runabout with a 25 merc (about to get a 40 yamaha)
    and I dont go far from land here but do a lot of island hopping perkins, robins, hunters, three hummocks ect and you can aways be within a couple a k of shore.You will have to bring the tinny up brain Feb to march and see if we can get a snapper.they also catch a few around the batman bridge in launceston real bloody early in the morning. if you see any thing written by damen sherriff read that, he is supossed to be the snapper guru in tassie.About 15 years ago I went fishing with a mate from dunally, left through the narrows up toward maria island chasing tuna trolled all day (no Tuna) slowed down and caught a heap off great bloody couta
    The real snapper guru is a guy named Tom Wickers.Taught Damon Sherriff where when and how with Tamar snapper.
    Cheers