Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Tassie Bluefin

Re: Tassie Bluefin

Gday Brian

Mate i definately have heard of tas boat and fishing news mate run by mike stevens in Luanceston Pretty good mag for tassie mate i used to buy every issue when i lived in Tas....

Mate I hardly fished peddar but have read history and spoken to alot of people about pedder but ya right mate thats the past and we will never see things like the pedders days..

Mate I used to fish for my sea run trout at the the train station bride and along the shores there lost many of good fish there and picked up alot of good fish from there I was like a local there when it was sea run trout time...theres a guy who regular visits the area he is known by skippy and i tell ya what he knows that area of the back of his hand....

Mate Also along the banks where mandy carter was murdered ya also pick up some good bream and trout.....

Mate about this stuff ya going to send mate anytime just when you guys get the time to do it is fine with me.....

Mate it looks good that will be coming over next year some time i am hoping its around tuna time it depends on my fiancee wether she has enuff holiday pay at the time....

anyway enuff of my babble and talk to ya soon

Mick

gday mick... no worries mate the wife done the deal on those photo copys today.. now all i have to get is a big envelope..mate you mentioned amanda carter did you know that they released that pig from jail 2 weeks ago.(unbeleivible).... mate the weather is looking good down here for our trip on sat to fortescue... light westerlies... im going to get some chemicaly sharpened hooks this time as last time i think we would have had a better hook up rate if we hadent lost most of our chem sharp hooks to snags and were forced to use normal ones.. i think i will get me some like the ones you sent me.. any way mate thats about it for me tonight so i talk to you again soon.... brian

Gday Brian

Mate i am looking forward to seeing all this info mate it should keep me busy for a few weeks reading all this info mate...

Mate if ya looking at buying any chemically sharpened hook i suggest you get yaself some gamagatsu circle hooks i reckon Steve Bax should have them in Stock.....

Mate i resume your strictly going after the stripies mate are you going to give a bit of a troll around for the odd blue i know the tuna seasons over and done with but i know a bloke who actaully caught a blue around october time this was going back a few years ago.....

Mate i should have been out in the boat today but couldnt find that extra bloody person to go out with but i should have went out on me own as i reckon i would have had a ball as there was 2 whales making love of Henely Beach which is not far from Glenelg mate....

Mate i reckon i should be heading out this weekend i am tossing up wether to go for whiting or tossing up wether to go and catch mothery in the port river on Saturday night i have to toss that one up with me mate see what he thinks.....

anyway i better go as i havent got much else to babble on about tonight

so i will catch ya later

mick

gday mick..mate i will keep an eye out for those hooks next time i have already got some today..(youvella..6/0)..they look like they will be a good hook anyway.....mick i dont think there would be a hope in hell of a blue fin the water has gone from blue to real green not a good sign usually... but mate i allways take the shimano when i go down that way as you now, you never no what your gunna bump into out there...mate i think it was you who mentioned berly bombs...any way mate i have talked and thought long about this subject... i worry about using berly down in the fortescue area..... as you now mate the current can be so strong out there would it not carry the berly away from the boat to quickly and the fish with it. ???any way mate we will be down there sat morning and if we do as good as we did last time i will be happy...mate those whales it must be that time of the year because i was listining to jhon laws the other week as i do every weekday, and he was saying there was whales under the sydney hourbour bridge....mate you have got me good with that mothery fish you better tell me a bit about that one mate...anyway mate good talking to you as usual...11 pages mate who would have thought aye.......... brian

Gday Brian

MAte berly bombs i may have mentioned it mate very effective mate i use them over here and if fred is about ya know there is a snapper about lirking the water as Snapper is a freds favorite feed...... Mate using berley bombs around the coast of Tassie will be fine i wouldnt suggest to do it in your tinny but if ya in ya mates boat ya should be pretty Well fine as the berley will move with the current and will move quick you would prolly be surprised how fast the current runs out there in the tasman..mate i would use berley around lanterns area just to see what happens....

Mate a mothery mate is the god fish of Port Adelaide a jewfish or mullaway...Sorry i should use these strange terms us South ozzies use....

I spose really with the water being as green as ya say there prolly is little chance of getting a blue.....

Mate 11 pages is pretty good i think we hold some kind of record for ausfish as far as the amount of posts we have made....

Not many have entered our converstaions but they most likey got lost trying to understand our lingo....

Mate anyway great chatting with you mate its good waiting for the anticipation of what you are gonna reply with next as we always finbd something to chat about you would think we would be all chatted out by now....but we are like the energiser bunnies....I reckon the others in the forums are wondering how much longer can we bullshit for....

until next time brian i'll chat with ya soon

Mick

gday mick... i think i've got ya this time mate a fred is a shark ???... any way mate i thought i would take a onion bag full of couta heads and a brick with me tommorow and give it a go under the boat about 2 meters from the bottom....do you think this will work or not.. anyway mate the weather is looking allright tommorow and i cant wait to get down there.. i will take the camera and hopefully get some action shots to send to ya... mate hope you get out sat night and do allright.. hopefully i will have something to tell you about tommorow night... i think you are right about that 11 pages mate considering i find it hard to hold a conversation on the phone with someone for more than 5 min i can hardly beleive how much bullshit ive come out with... any way way mate i really enjoy talking to you... and i will report in tommorow night so have a good weekend mate and ill talk to you soon.....brian

Gday Brian

Mate just sitting here at the computer listening to bit of eagles and sipping on a coffee and Port just to keep the warmth in my system i guess i am getting far to used to the South Australian climate....

Mate this is what the forums is all about i think is to meet new buddies have a bit of a chat and who knows what can happen in this small world of ours...Mate i myself can't talk that long on the phone or let alone a conversation in a street...So at times i think the best ways of communicating to me mates is throu a computer as i have time to think about what i have to say and i feel that i can tell so much more...Mate its really funny from the start of your topic we were only doing a few 2 liners to full on conversations i think over the time we have been communicating we have got to know each other a bit better and we can openly talk about a subject we both like to do....

anyway enuff of that babble above...Mate an onion bag full of couta heads mate i say ya can only give it ago you just dont know what will happen when ya get a bit of berley happening mind you give the bag a few shakes every now and then just to keep it active....

Mate it sound like the weather is coming good in Gods country like here mate i wont be getting out tommorow night now as me mate has his sisters birthday to attend to so me and cheryl(fiance) are heading out in the morning as theres a few whales in the gulf as i prolly mentioned in a previous post so we will be heading out and having alook and dropping a line in for a whiting...

Yes mate ya guessed what a fred is mate but its actually a white pointer so that will be interesting to see as some of these sharks in the gulf like to chew on outboards believe it or not....hopefully it doesnt happen to me touch wood.....

Anyway mate i better get an early one as i plan to be out on the water early and like you i like the conversations we are having and lets hope we can continue.....

anyway cheers

mick

gday mick.. i was a bit stuffed last night went to sleep on the lounge... any way mate we had a big day yesterday we hit the water at 8 oclock and didnt come in until 4..it was a great day no wind no current...mate we didnt get any trumpeter we couldent get em past the bloody seals they were every were... every time we got settled some where they would find us.. we managed to get 15 perch and 17 gurnard past them.. pretty sure we lost about 5 stripies, but we only got them about half way up so i cant be sure...mate i now seals have got to eat but mate i can understand how come sometimes you see them washed up on rocks and beaches with a round hole in them..... but having said that if everybody had the attitude lets shoot the seal.. apart from being illigal what would the white pointers in the area eat...(probibly me next time i went diving).. anyway mate as angry as i was yesterday im sure i will get over it...i think it was just onr of those days as they never bothered us last time we was down there...mate joanne (wife) is going to post that stuff tommorow.. mate what i have done is i only gave her the best ones to photo copy because there was some reports that didnt have much info on them because of bad weather,lack of fish to report, ect.so if your wondering why there is some dates missing thats why...anyway mate did you and yours get out and see those whales and do some fishing ???...mate i did the right thing today and mowed the lawns and tidied up the yard ect.. and the wife said i was a good boy and that i can go fishing again next weekend so that will make my week at work more tolerable now that i have that to look forward to.. mate i havent used my boat for nearly 3 months and i've got nearly 2 full tanks of fuel i must use before its no good..(i've been told 3 months is about the life span of fuel once its been mixed) so i will get the cobwebs of mine this weekend coming.... any way mate i might say see ya for now and hope to talk to you again soon......brian

Gday Brian

Mate If ya had all the seals hanging around ya thats where the stripies would have been mate but as ya say tryingto get the stripies up past the buggers is pretty tricky......MAte the Perch still would have been pretty good.....

Mate We did get out yesterday for a couple of hours but wenever came across the whales as they obviously didnt hang around for me what a bummer....We did mangae to drop a line for 5 minute s before it was getting to bad and Cheryl was getting a bit green which i think i was the wiset move i made we were nearly swamped by a green wave mate came out of no where i just about shit meself when i sore this wall of green water heading over the top of the canopy but we managed to stay upright and dry.....But all in all for the time we were out there we enjoyed it would have been better if the weather didnt cut up......

Mate i was watching rexy this afternoon and it was on the the murray river mate catching the goodoo mate i am guna have to get eself another boat specially for the river as my boat is a bit big for trolling with a 90 horse....

Mate i will be looking forward to Wednesday when i recieve those goodies mate I understand ya sending the best reports and all that mate i would do the same as ya dont really wanna read nothing.....

Anyway mate i better go as its getting late here so i will talk to ya soon and hope ya have a pleasant week at work now that you have been given the green light for next week...So where you heading to next week for a fish...

mick

gday mick.. mate that would have been it for my missus when you got that wave over ya.. it would have been a case of go directly to shore... im not sure that she trusts me as it is.. looks like our girls have something in common...(sea sickness)...mate im sure you are right about them seals they seemed to know when ever we was in a good spot...some of the places we fished where the fishing was not as good they didnt hang around long at all...mate why wouldnt you just get an auxillary for your big boat... unless you are looking for something abit easier to handle...mate i now what a hassle a big boat can be in rivers...but im a bit sorry i sold mine as i could have come in handy with the sort of fishing i've been doing lately...... im not gunna let those seals beat me mate were going back to fortescue sat for round 2 if the weather is allright....if not i will probibly go down to the iron pot for a look as i havent been there for a long while and the flathead and pearch are on the move down that way i hear.......anyway thats about it from me tonight mate so i will catch ya later mate look after your self........brian

Gday Brian

Mate cheryl loves it out on the water she even has a boat licence believe it or not she has had her boat licence longer then what she has had a car licence and she got her lboat licence when she was 16 and her car licence about 18 months ago....But she also suffers from sea sickness but she sees it this way that she doesnt wanna spoil it for me but i do the right thing mate if i know she is feeling uncomfortable and starting to feel crock theres no point being out there.......When the green wave came we were actually moving......

Mate The reason why i am not opting for an auxilary on the back my boat is the fact it wont suit the style of fishing i want to do in the murray as my craft is a bit to big for the back waters of the Murray..... So therefore i am going to get a small tinny for the murray river just to get into places i cant with the big motor and i would also like to troll at slow slow speeds so the use of an electric motor comes into the equation....I am not going to get rid of my 17 footer and i will still use that for the murray but as a base type craft......

Mate Thats the thing with stripies ya got get them before the seals turn up but I am confident you will get a few more before the season comes to an end.....

The iron Pot mate gee you could be playing with fire there mate eventhou i reckon there can be some very good fishing to be had down that way.. the only reason why i say ya playing with fire its along way back to port if it cuts up.....But mind you mate i reckon when tuna season is at its best it wouldnt surprise me if a few bluefin Show there faces around the pot I think its worth a shot even if there is only albacore......

Anyway mate It looks as if i am home bound this weekend and by the looks of the charts mate your going to be sitting inside twidling ya thumbs as it looks as a big southerly is going to hit tassie with gale force winds but hopefully that will past by the time the weekend gets here.....But i am confident you will get out for a fish....

Mate Snapper Season Starts again tommorow so i will be starting to look at targetting the knuckles once again till the next closed season which is around november.....So hopefully over the next few weeks i can report to you on the snapper Fishing as it should be really firing soon in the gulf.....

anyway take care buddy and i will talk to ya soon

Mick

gday mick.. mate joanne is exactly the same one the water.. she is fine while traveling,and when there is no swell..last time we went out together there was dolphins in the bay and she made me follow them for ever while she was leaning over the side trying to touch them,i didnt think i was ever going to get to the ramp... but it was worth it because it was a time she really enjoyed...mate i now what you mean about the iron pot it can be a bastard of a place when the wind gets up.. like the last time we were there diving for cray i was glad to have a wetsuit on... while im on the subject.. last time we were there im sure i seen strip trumpeter i cant be sure though cause they were a bit far away to tell for sure, they just looked a bit big to be bastard trumpeter....i know they used to be fairly common in the derwent years ago...mate snapper season aye thats going to keep you amused for a while.. like i think i said before i dont know stuff all about snapper mate, but im begining to think they are closely related to trumpeter in there habits.....mate i've asked blaze to keep me updated about the snapper up north so i can pick a time to go up and have a look for them.. he sent me a message saying he thought about 6 weeks they would start to move...(hope so).. any way mate you should be able to read all about tassie snapper and tuna tommorow...mate read the story about the big pig mate because i think this is the boat we will charter if you come over... he really was on fire this year catching tuna when others struggled... i've been told he only charges $500 or there abouts...i think i will ring him if i get time on the weekend to see if thats right or not... any way mick i better get going i spose...till next time mate....... brian

Gday Brian

Mate i still reckon there is some stripies in the derwent mate prolly not as prolific as it once was but i still say they are there in the deeper water....

Mate 500 bucks to fish for tuna mate this sounds rather cheap mate considering most boats are around 800 dollars for the day we could possibly just look at just ourselves just going....

Mate i went for a bit of drive today along the port river mate just to see if anyone was catching a fish or to but things where bloody quite anyway i happen to come across a tasmanian in my travels only just moved over over here to adelaide we just got a chatting and chatting and we got on the topic of Snapper he was origanally from luanceston...

Mate I think Snapper do like the same huants as stripies mate anything with structure or gutters or any good ground like reefs mate.....I can't actually wait to get out to freds or the claris wreck or even out to the goannas in the next few weeks to have ago at the buggers mate.....

Anyway i better get going mate as i havent got much to report on tonight and i look forward to the reading material mate....

cheers
    Mick

gday mick..i think the big pig is capable of trolling about 5 rods at a time so there would be room aboard for an extra person... anyway mate we can work that out when the time comes....you should have got those reports today mate, so you will be able to work out when it will be best to come over.. just remember mate the later in the season the bigger the fish, or thats the way it seems to me...it depends on what you would rather... just had a thought mate i am predicting this season that the yellow fin will make there presence felt as they were a bit shy last season...i think the year before mate they went mad down here.. i must remember to ask my mate daniel when it was cause he was showing me his photo abum last weekend and they were nice fish...mate this season i want to catch an albacore and a yellow fin mate as i have never caught one of these fish before...all i keep catching is those nuisance bloody blue fin ..any way mate the crappy weather should pass by friday night so it looks like i will be hopefully out amongst some fish on the weekend... i have been switching my brain off as soon as i get to work and mate guess what i have discovered that the week goes much faster if you do.. i will do it again next week and pretend that im fishing instead..i bet it goes even faster then .. anyway mate enought of that i better git going for now... till next time....brian

Gday Brian

Mate i sure did recieve them thankyou very much but ya didnt have to send them express mate.....

Mate i am pretty well easy to how we fish mate if it is only 500 bucks mate 3 people i dont mind at all i just dont want a big crew meaning we have to share rods all day with 10 others.....

MAte Snapper season is on again havent heard any reports as yet I have a big convention to goto in october.....Which will be held at Port Hughes this is when i will be getting serious with the knuckles mate as i have seen biggons come out of there...

MAte i will be starting to read the info tonight mate had a quick glimpse at them today...

Mate i actually know john Taylor pretty well mate He used to be in the same fishing club i was in when i was living in Tasmania...Mate with his reports i usually would say he recieved them 2 weeks prior to advertising thehot spots....Mind you he is very very knowledgeble man and knows his stuff.....

anyway mate better go as i have just got back from a fishing club meeting

so chat with ya real soon mate

Mick